PvP arena project / Rooms overhaul

The project is 100% funded! We're starting to implement it.

There are some changes compared to the original @DaveDee concept from over a year ago. Here is the current plan:

1. Most rooms on each server are combined into one super-room with multiple levels connected through portals (those who visited the DEV server are already familiar with this).
2. Each level has it's own rules. There will be:
- a safe area where players spawn for the first time;
- at least one PvP, PvM and Teamplay zone;
- some additional smaller levels with different rules, such as balanced PvP maps and rooms that belong to individual players. Some rooms will allow only certain number of players to enter.
3. Players can freely travel between levels and choose where they play in each round.

This will allow us to increase the number of rooms while avoiding "many rooms with 1-2 players" problem. Players will see what's going on in the real time, talk in the chat and go where the fun is. It'll also bring somewhat fragmented communities of Teamplay and Normal players together.

The overhaul will consist of 3 stages:
1. Connecting rooms with portals.
2. Creating custom players rooms (starting with rooms of the project donators).
3. Improving the game modes (mainly PvM and Teamplay, because Normal is ok as it is).

Stay tuned!

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Wait so are the dev servers still only accessible to donors
  • Most likely there will be custom room for other players too (for a lot of plutonium, of course).
    Thanked by 2 Gally rp1
  • Yay!! Finally !!!fiestadance.gif
    Thanked by 2 Gally HAMZAWY0_0
  • 3. Players can freely travel between levels and choose where they play in each round.

Interesting [nice idea, as always :) ], have you thought of how the score will work, as different rooms have different scoring systems.
  • I'm pretty hyped for this, so if you donated do you get a discount for room creation, or is going to be free?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Years of waiting for it...
  • Excuse_Me wrote: »
    Most likely there will be custom room for other players too (for a lot of plutonium, of course).

PHEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW... my parents won't let me donate.

Will it be like 200 pluto
  • Gally wrote: »
    have you thought of how the score will work, as different rooms have different scoring systems.
    There will be the same single score as it's now (the thing that is added to your rank progress), but there will be a few separate tables and sets of medals in each round (somewhat like in the Rankings now). It's hard to balance and it will probably require a lot of playtesting and feedback.
    so if you donated do you get a discount for room creation, or is going to be free?
    For 50$+ donators it's a free room. However, for a free room there will be some additional condition, such as that it'll be active only when the owner visited the game at least once in the last N days (so if a player leaves the game for a long time, his/her room won't occupy space).
  • Perk and guest free rooms, all of us can't wait.

i use perks and the rooms aren't guest free
  • Perk and guest free rooms, all of us can't wait.

i use perks and the rooms aren't guest free

he's saying that when the custom rooms are added, there will be rooms without perks and guest XD
  • edited January 2017
    There will be many differences between rooms:
    - maps
    - special structures
    - bots and monsters
    - min/max player parameters
    - maybe slightly different perks +/-values and cooldowns
    - PvP/PvM/Team rules
    - scoring systems
    - random events probabilities
    There will be no rooms without perks or with infinite perks. This is final and not up to debate.

There may be min rank restrictions for some rooms.
    We might experiment with "anti-troll" restrictions for some rooms (such as min rank + hasn't been muted in the last N months), so only real good players may enter these rooms and play without being bothered by trolls.
    For player's personal rooms, there may be blacklist or whitelist.
  • edited January 2017
    yay!! I may consider yet another small donation for a nice pvp room, where only nice, sexy ppl like me are allowed :naughty: loving02.gif

Petit edit: I see donation for this room is no longer possible death.gif
    Thanked by 2 server_down Gally
    There will be many differences between rooms:
    - maps
    - special structures
    - bots and monsters
    - min/max player parameters
    - maybe slightly different perks +/-values and cooldowns
    - PvP/PvM/Team rules
    - scoring systems
    - random events probabilities
    There will be no rooms without perks or with infinite perks. This is final and not up to debate.

There may be min rank restrictions for some rooms.
    We might experiment with "anti-troll" restrictions for some rooms (such as min rank + hasn't been muted in the last N months), so only real good players may enter these rooms and play without being bothered by trolls.
    For player's personal rooms, there may be blacklist or whitelist.

for the mute restriction, it would be more accurate for it to be like only people with mute level lower than 3 because I have a few friends who aren't trolls but just got triggered in gameplay then got muted, so i feel like they should still be allowed in.
  • The current progress: multiple game modes in one round are implemented.
    An update on the DEV server. There is a room with 2 sub-rooms connected with portals: one with PvP mode, the other with teamplay mode. When a player goes through the portal, the mode automatically switches.
  • Reporting a bug: when I put a bomb, no matter where I put, even if I'm far from it, I die.
    Thanked by 2 Excuse_Me Gally
  • edited February 2017
    Reporting a bug: when I put a bomb, no matter where I put, even if I'm far from it, I die.
    Fixed! Refresh the page (CTRL+F5).
    Thanked by 2 Gally rp1
  • 1 month later
  • edited March 2017
    Stages 1 and 2 of the project are almost complete.

We plan to start an open beta-test on the DEV server next week. Temporarily access to the DEV server will be given to everyone (or possibly to all players above a certain rank) and statistics will be enabled (normally DEV has no stats).

Players who have donated to the project 50$ or more, will receive their personal rooms on the DEV server during the test. They will be able to edit, save and load maps, and change the room settings.

We'll describe the new features in more detail before the test. For now, here is a screenshot of the current personal room options (more options will be added):
    fytbf1ufc758.png
  • Will you add the new type of blast and diagonal perk?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • yeah better fix that typo
    Most likely there will be custom room for other players too (for a lot of plutonium, of course).
    Excuse_Me wrote: »
    Players who have donated to the project 50$ or more, will receive their personal rooms on the DEV server during the test. They will be able to edit, save and load maps, and change the room settings.

Just a quick question regarding these two statements: if you were to buy your own room with plutonium, would that mean you would be able to edit the map settings of that specific room? Kind of like the people that donated $50+ for this project who will be able to edit the map settings of their map.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
    Stages 1 and 2 of the project are almost complete.

We plan to start an open beta-test on the DEV server next week. Temporarily access to the DEV server will be given to everyone (or possibly to all players above a certain rank) and statistics will be enabled (normally DEV has no stats).

Ahh! I'm so excited! I love you guys! (developers) :)
    Thanked by 2 Gally Jimmy_Scissors
  • if you were to buy your own room with plutonium, would that mean you would be able to edit the map settings of that specific room? Kind of like the people that donated $50+ for this project who will be able to edit the map settings of their map.
    Yep, the room settings and features will be the same.

The only difference may be in conditions of when rooms are accessible. Every room will not be available all the time (otherwise there will be too many empty rooms), they'll automatically appear when their owners visit the server and disappear when owners are not on the server for some time.
  • Weren't we going to have access to DEV server this week?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I'm sorry, it wasn't ready the last week. By the end of this week - almost certainly :)
  • When facebook login was fixed, the access to the DEV server was accidentally "leaked" to all players for 10 hours :D It wasn't planned, personal rooms for the donators and stats were not enabled yet and rounds lasted 3 hours instead of 16 minutes. So it's closed for a few days again until the "official" opening.
    Thanked by 2 KCG_Ryuzero Gally
  • Hahaha i've realized that rounds lasted 180 minutes
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited May 2017
    The open beta-test of the parts 2 and 3 of the PvP arena project has started! During the test, all users with the rank 8 and higher are given access to DEV server (later we'll lower the rank requirement). The stats on the DEV server are enabled, like on the other servers.

See the threads about in it the "Game" section:
    General discussion
    Personal rooms

Edited 2017-05-09: the stats are disabled again. You can see if the stats are disabled in the game: if they are, the stats (money, goals, kills, flags) are crossed with red lines like this: h24mt745xfm0.png
    Thanked by 3 pwnyy 0x42 Gally
  • Update: a problem preventing players with rank 8 or higher accessing the DEV server is fixed. If you have rank 9 and can't visit the server, please, reload the site and try again.
  • 1 month later
  • dlbdlb
    edited June 2017
    player vs player arena: as i avoid killing other players (because i am a friendly hamster), i prefer the arenas where i can win by catching the trophy. i don't like the arena where i am forced to kill the other player. i dream of a arena with only grey bombs (goals, balls, trophy, etc).
    thanks to the developers for this great game :-*
    Thanked by 3 Gally Perfo hilariously
  • gostaria de ter uma sala no br como fasso e meu inbox nao estar pegando o que faco