The project is 100% funded! We're starting to implement it.
There are some changes compared to the original @DaveDee
concept from over a year ago. Here is the current plan:
1. Most rooms on each server are combined into one super-room with multiple levels connected through portals (those who visited the DEV server are already familiar with this).
2. Each level has it's own rules. There will be:
- a safe area where players spawn for the first time;
- at least one PvP, PvM and Teamplay zone;
- some additional smaller levels with different rules, such as balanced PvP maps and rooms that belong to individual players. Some rooms will allow only certain number of players to enter.
3. Players can freely travel between levels and choose where they play in each round.
This will allow us to increase the number of rooms while avoiding "many rooms with 1-2 players" problem. Players will see what's going on in the real time, talk in the chat and go where the fun is. It'll also bring somewhat fragmented communities of Teamplay and Normal players together.
The overhaul will consist of 3 stages:
1. Connecting rooms with portals.
2. Creating custom players rooms (starting with rooms of the project donators).
3. Improving the game modes (mainly PvM and Teamplay, because Normal is ok as it is).