SUICIDAL PLAYERS: A mannering analysis of the players of GoB

edited April 2018 in The Game
This report shows dissatisfaction and suggestion about players considered to be toxic in Game of Bombs. Included in this category are those who act in a harmful manner by impairing the experience of a match or by being aggressive with opponents in online games. Games were observed in normal game mode, with the objective of mapping the elements common to this type of player and providing subsidies for future research on the behavior of participants of Game of Bombs.

There are no established punishments to face these elements, but it is necessary to analyze if they are enough to curb the behavior and to be definitively adopted as a solution, in order to seek methods to try to recover this share of players. In this article will be presented the actions of these players. Also will be observed the definition of what is a toxic player, its main characteristics and how it can negatively affect a match and also other people.

Toxic players grow gradually with the success of other Game of Bombs players, by relating them to trolls.

For the realization of this report was made a survey with players dissatisfied with the toxic players in the game. After identifying that there is no rule about the analysis of suicidal players, I offer some suggestions to minimize this problem:

1. When the player dies on his own, that is, even if no one has made it happen. Must decrease the coins earned during the match and put them in the game, as happens with the pumpkin when it explodes.
2. Beginner (guest) players should not score kills, as happens when we are in a team squad.
3. No medals for guest players should appear.
4. Put some benefit, like those we receive daily as a bonus, for players who die less during the month (this should be discussed in more depth).

The behaviors identified are considered undue behaviors by most players who play honestly and seek happiness in the game. These behaviors can lead to poor performance of a player or team and make many of our players give up playing, for there are many trolls.

Full analysis in attached document.

Regards

@Excuse_Me @Gally @OmegaKnight @KCG_Ryuzero @Perfo

Comments

• If you deprive the guest medals you put players in unequal conditions and this will not be fair. The guest is also a player. Suicidnik (player) does not bother their coins they have another goal. If you deprive them of coins, this will not change the situation.
    Thanked by 1 EudesFerreira
  • If you deprive the guest medals you put players in unequal conditions and this will not be fair. The guest is also a player. Suicidnik (player) does not bother their coins they have another goal. If you deprive them of coins, this will not change the situation.

Depriving them of coins, not just guests, but all players. thx by comment
  • thank you so much for this discussion. i have become so angry at certain players sometimes that i feel things i shouldn't. i wanna be a happy player and get along with others but sometimes its hard to.
  • Eudes: great and thorough undertaking thus far. I agree with the concept of creating incentive for efficient play.

Regarding guests, they are simply that: guests. They log in and as with most gaming, they are not entitled to awards and merits that signed members are because they are in fact anonymous players. Winning plutonium, power ups, goals, and accolades as guests affords them no real gains, and makes a situation whereby certain advanced players can come in an play in an anarchic/gluttonous manner: depriving real accounts of said awards/accolades with no real benefit to themselves.

Am I alone in this thinking? I also realize that taking away the ability to get awards could simply further this anarchic behavior, but I am not sure I've got a good way to curb this style of play. Thoughts?
    Thanked by 2 EudesFerreira pwnyy
  • edited April 2018
    LeSerge wrote: »
    Eudes: great and thorough undertaking thus far. I agree with the concept of creating incentive for efficient play.

Regarding guests, they are simply that: guests. They log in and as with most gaming, they are not entitled to awards and merits that signed members are because they are in fact anonymous players. Winning plutonium, power ups, goals, and accolades as guests affords them no real gains, and makes a situation whereby certain advanced players can come in an play in an anarchic/gluttonous manner: depriving real accounts of said awards/accolades with no real benefit to themselves.

Am I alone in this thinking? I also realize that taking away the ability to get awards could simply further this anarchic behavior, but I am not sure I've got a good way to curb this style of play. Thoughts?

Yes, I understand that we will not change this in relation to the beginners (I commented this in the document) but there are some bad characters that enter, and this will harm the whole team. If you die alone, that is, without anyone who has harmed you. and you lose bonuses from that. It changes the way you think when you want to kill someone. And I also suggest have prizes for players who avoid that. Thx by comment.
    Thanked by 2 LovxBaby Lobo_Mau
  • I agree with serge. with the guests getting the pluto and gold and other things just prevents other actual players from getting it. The way i see it: when guests get perks and other things its just like nobody getting it. this world is sad in the way the people on it act. i just wish there was a way to cease this behavior so we can all enjoy the game happily and equaly
  • I myself try to avoid killing new guys. because i had a rather rough beginning myself when i joined. and it seems like it has gotten worse. i know how new guys feel i want to help everyone i can. but certain players are just...*sigh. its hard to help others when you got millions of others making a beeline for you. i hope im not sounding like i child here im sorry if i am its just the way i feel
  • CatKirby wrote: »
    I agree with serge. with the guests getting the pluto and gold and other things just prevents other actual players from getting it. The way i see it: when guests get perks and other things its just like nobody getting it. this world is sad in the way the people on it act. i just wish there was a way to cease this behavior so we can all enjoy the game happily and equaly

depriving beginners of other prizes such as plutonium. No doubt it would be a good suggestion. :) but this will be tricky to do.
  • It would be more viable because many beginners, know how to play and take advantage of the lives of others. For players with a higher level, there are those who use shield to kill dishonestly, happens a lot on the BR server. It was the insults.
  • i'm a little confused...what is the real subject of the topic: problems about the sucid of players in general or again and again the guests ?
  • I think they should stop the possibility of guests playing together with other players, as it happens in the Russian server.
  • These are mostly problems that cannot be easily solved in the game. A lot of people appear to "suicide" simply because of lag freezes or a misjudgment in timing. I think it would be unfair to group them in with toxic players by penalizing them for dying like that. I don't like people who play overly aggressive/kamikaze, but they have actually helped me improve my defense skills in the game.

And it's annoying seeing guests take medals, perks, goals, etc., but it keeps the game competitive. I try not to kill players too much if I can tell that they're new, but I NEVER feel any guilt for killing a guest. I just think they're funny. No matter what they do in a round, it's all erased and amounts to nothing in the end.

I think the real problem is people who focus on ruining the game for certain players by constantly harassing them with new usernames/mocking in chat for no real reason. I think some trash talking is to be expected (and maybe even should be acceptable) in an online game, but some people take it to a whole different level. And that's not cool.
  • edited April 2018
    @EudesFerreira thank you for the analysis!

I'll try to answer all the raised points.
    When the player dies on his own, that is, even if no one has made it happen.
    Reliably recognizing suicides is easy for a human, but it's hard for the game and requires AI. What the game currently counts as suicides is unreliable and mostly just a fun statistics. If we talk about the simplest case when a player dies and there is literally no one else around, then we can recognize it, but punishing for it serves no purpose (a player gained nothing and is already punished by dying). In situations when it matters, there is at least one other player around and it becomes complicated, simply looking at whose bomb exploded doesn't tell whether it's a suicide.

Players are already punished for suicides: they lose items and time on recovery. For a decent player, staying alive is supposed to be more efficient.
    A question to all strong players: do you find it easier to win a medal when suiciding frequently or when trying to stay alive?

For weaker players suicide is often the only way to score against strong opponents. It should remain a viable tactics. Yes, being suicide-bombed and breaking a perfect score feels unfair an irritating for a strong player. But being repeatedly killed without retaliation feels even worse for weaker players. If we agree that repeatedly killing weaker opponents is OK (which it totally is), then we must agree that using any tactics to defeat strong opponents is also OK.

If we talk about suicides as trolling, then of course it's bad, not because it's a suicide, but because it's a trolling. Unfortunately, we can't prevent it because:
    - punishing with score/medals/etc. won't stop trolls;
    - it's impossible to formally define the boundary between normal killing and trolling. We don't want players demanding to ban each other for reasons like "he killed me 10 times in one round". So we use the simple rule: everything on the field is allowed (as long as a player doesn't follow another player to different servers). It's far from perfect, but it's the only practical way.
    Beginner (guest) players should not score kills, as happens when we are in a team squad.
    If you mean killing a low-rank player gives no score, then it will create a new kind of trolling: "I can kill you, but you won't gain anything from killing me, muhaha". More fake newbies will appear.
    If you mean beginners should not gain score for killing, it just ruins the game for them.
    No medals for guest players should appear.
    About removing or unnecessary restricting guests it has been answered once and for all here: About guests and "fake newbies"
    Put some benefit, like those we receive daily as a bonus, for players who die less during the month (this should be discussed in more depth).
    This gives more benefits to strong players who are already ahead. We avoid such things. If anything, we add something to equalize and help weaker players.
  • Excuse_Me wrote: »

Reliably recognizing suicides is easy for a human, but it's hard for the game and requires AI. What the game currently counts as suicides is unreliable and mostly just a fun statistics. If we talk about the simplest case when a player dies and there is literally no one else around, then we can recognize it, but punishing for it serves no purpose (a player gained nothing and is already punished by dying). In situations when it matters, there is at least one other player around and it becomes complicated, simply looking at whose bomb exploded doesn't tell whether it's a suicide.

Players are already punished for suicides: they lose items and time on recovery. For a decent player, staying alive is supposed to be more efficient.
    A question to all strong players: do you find it easier to win a medal when suiciding frequently or when trying to stay alive?

For weaker players suicide is often the only way to score against strong opponents. It should remain a viable tactics. Yes, being suicide-bombed and breaking a perfect score feels unfair an irritating for a strong player. But being repeatedly killed without retaliation feels even worse for weaker players. If we agree that repeatedly killing weaker opponents is OK (which it totally is), then we must agree that using any tactics to defeat strong opponents is also OK.

If we talk about suicides as trolling, then of course it's bad, not because it's a suicide, but because it's a trolling. Unfortunately, we can't prevent it because:
    - it's impossible to formally define the boundary between normal killing and trolling. We don't want players demanding to ban each other for reasons like "he killed me 10 times in one round". So we use the simple rule: everything on the field is allowed (as long as a player doesn't follow another player to different servers). It's far from perfect, but it's the only practical way.
    Beginner (guest) players should not score kills, as happens when we are in a team squad.
    If you mean killing a low-rank player gives no score, then it will create a new kind of trolling: "I can kill you, but you won't gain anything from killing me, muhaha". More fake newbies will appear.
    If you mean beginners should not gain score for killing, it just ruins the game for them.
    About removing or unnecessary restricting guests it has been answered once and for all here: About guests and "fake newbies"
    Put some benefit, like those we receive daily as a bonus, for players who die less during the month (this should be discussed in more depth).
    This gives more benefits to strong players who are already ahead. We avoid such things. If anything, we add something to equalize and help weaker players.
    Excuse_Me wrote: »

complicated ... So if no suggestions were fair, I think they should separate the novices from the other players. This works fine on the Russian server. They were to play in a private room for low levels, there anyone a novice could play, appropriate their techniques and learn. Once they were level, yes they could play with others. Because it is not fair to lose the prizes for people fakes.
    Thanked by 1 Slayie
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks for the comment!
    Answering your question

Obviously you should give medals to those who die less, far from it are fallacies. So that would make a lot of people think differently, but that was not going to take away from the guests the effort to get those rewards. There is a lot of experienced player playing dirty, this would make them play cleaner. Far from it, they are fallacies ...

Thanked by 1 Lobo_Mau
  • Thanks for the comment!
    Answering your question

Obviously you should give medals to those who die less, far from it are fallacies. So that would make a lot of people think differently, but that was not going to take away from the guests the effort to get those rewards. There is a lot of experienced player playing dirty, this would make them play cleaner. Far from it, they are fallacies ...

That will to encourage coward technic game and the distance Killing technic often hidden behind a block throwing bombs and sometimes waiting for their shield for maybe Attack.

those who play like that already have their rewards: their score / ratio. I don't find normal in addition to that they get without difficulty bonuses unlike players who dared to go into battle.
    This will just put them at a disadvantage because they will have more bad scores and therefore no bonuses. It's just going to discourage them and change their techniques

And i think We will end up with two techniques:
    - bomb chainer
    - and remote kill techniques

that's why I'm against this idea
  • edited April 2018
    I personally don't find it easy to get a medal by suiciding, but that simply isn't my playing style. I also see how the current system can be used to make it a viable tactic (as some players have done). If you suicide frequently enough, you don't lose much items after each death. Especially with the right perks, someone can have 20+ deaths and still get a medal.

An alternate ranking system could be kills minus deaths. Say someone has 29 kills, 2 deaths; and another player has 31 kills, 13 deaths. Their respective scores would be 27 (29-2) and 18 (31-13). This would be interesting to see, but I think I prefer the current system.
  • @pwnyyGaming how does the new system count the kills? i never understood. sometimes its even seems to me unfair.
  • All that matters is the kills. Deaths are only a tiebreaker if players have equal kills, I think.
  • All that matters is the kills. Deaths are only a tiebreaker if players have equal kills, I think.

The tiebreaker system works, when there is a tie, it wins what died less.
  • edited April 2018
    Woo00oW wrote: »
    That will to encourage coward technic game and the distance Killing technic often hidden behind a block throwing bombs and sometimes waiting for their shield for maybe Attack.

those who play like that already have their rewards: their score / ratio. I don't find normal in addition to that they get without difficulty bonuses unlike players who dared to go into battle.
    This will just put them at a disadvantage because they will have more bad scores and therefore no bonuses. It's just going to discourage them and change their techniques

And i think We will end up with two techniques:
    - bomb chainer
    - and remote kill techniques

that's why I'm against this idea
    Thanks for the comment!

The rule of prizes would work for those who died less alone. In this sense:

s0iaxlbio3wa.png

That would be an idea to minimize the suicides of the more experienced players. I'm not saying that a player, avoid using his chain techniques or other skills to avoid dying for other players, and as a result, win the prizes. I just do not want him to die so much purposely, harming others.

But looking at the technical side with great depth, I come to the conclusion that it will be impossible to end this style of play. However, the only more viable way would be to separate the guests from the other players, not because they are newcomers, but because they are mostly toxic players, which do away with the game's harmonious environment.
    Once they reach a certain level, level 4 using as an example, then they could play with the rest.

I'm not saying that the concept of guests are toxic players, wrong to think so, I mean that most of those who play as guests are toxic players, simply trolls. So a good way to play faster with other players would be to level up quickly and register to play with the rest.

This would be an option to end so many trolls
    Thanked by 1 Weveerton

• But looking at the technical side with great depth, I come to the conclusion that it will be impossible to end this style of play. However, the only more viable way would be to separate the guests from the other players, not because they are newcomers, but because they are mostly toxic players, which do away with the game's harmonious environment.
    Once they reach a certain level, level 4 using as an example, then they could play with the rest.

I'm not saying that the concept of guests are toxic players, wrong to think so, I mean that most of those who play as guests are toxic players, simply trolls. So a good way to play faster with other players would be to level up quickly and register to play with the rest.

This would be an option to end so many trolls

I also think that it would not be possible to end the trolls, but separate guests from the other players, as happens on the Russian server. it would be a good idea!
    Another solution would be to prevent the trolls from taking such prizes; plutoniums and goals. And just be possible possible only when they reached a higher level and were recorded. So players would not trolls, would have more benefits.

• theres no way that your gonna stop all the trolls. theres just too many of em.