Bug(?) in EU server

edited April 2017 in Technical
I am always getting spawned in the Team 'room' - but i do not finish the rounds in that room. I believe that when the EU server was updated the server remembered the correct 'room' so when you finished in team you started in team and when you finished in monsters you started again in monsters.

Again I am not entirely sure if that is a bug but persisting the room for a new round would likely be appreciated by many players :smile:

Having to find / bomb your way to the correct room after each restart is a bit annoying... (Unless you wanted to play team anyways ofc)
Thanked by 2 Gally rp1

Comments

• if you capture a flag then it spawns you near the flag no matter what room you die in.
  • Players are not able to choose the room to spawn at the beginning of the round. Now I rarely spawn in normal room.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I am talking about the beginning of a new round only. I should have clarified that a bit more...
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • @Joschi @Hippo12369 Thank you! Fixed!
    Thanked by 3 Gally Joschi rp1
  • Idk if these are bugs or just lag, but this is what happened recently to me:
    1) changing rooms often requires refreshing the page (F5) in order to able to enter the room;
    2) today, I deployed a pumpkin-bomb in EU1: it appeared first in grey color (spawning) and then it vanished all together. Perk waisted¿
  • _Salty_ wrote: »
    1) changing rooms often requires refreshing the page (F5) in order to able to enter the room;
    It is probably fixed in the new version that will be uploaded to EU server in a few days.
    2) today, I deployed a pumpkin-bomb in EU1: it appeared first in grey color (spawning) and then it vanished all together. Perk waisted¿
    It's a side-effect of a lag and the perk is not wasted. When a client thinks that it can place a bomb, it places a "temporary" bomb (so players see their own bombs without lag) and sends a request to place a bomb to the server. Sometimes the server decides that it's impossible (for example, another bomb was pushed the same tile by another player) and doesn't place a bomb. When the client receives a game state update, it removes the temporary bomb that was not confirmed by the server. Because the server didn't actually placed a bomb, it doesn't subtract a perk.

It may also happen if the bomb was placed shortly before a map regeneration and replaced by a wall. In that case, the perk is subtracted.
  • edited May 2017
    Ok, thanks @EM. I like you still :D smiley_kousto.gif
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • No medals :open_mouth:
    s7mdgox7dpe2.png
    8id924wi9spr.png
    Thanked by 1 Gally
    2.png 457.7K
    3.png 621.6K
  • @Hippo12369 Thank you! Fixed!
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Yo :smile:
    Bug in EU.
    4jwo5bqwswf1.png
    When we keep pressing any of those 3 button. Those gates change position but when we move from that button the gates return to their original position. It's like the fast turret that works by pressing the button and disappears when we move from that button.
    I saw this bug in EU yesterday. Maybe it's due to arena update.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
    r.png 52.4K
  • @Hippo12369 Thanks again! Fixed!
    For now I've disabled these structures to not restart the server; they'll be enabled after the server updates.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I have seen on more than once occasion that black bombs don't kill players, even when are clearly hit by the blast. Very frustrating nono.gifnono.gif
  • edited June 2017
    once = one arcadefreak.gif
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited June 2017
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    I have seen on more than once occasion that black bombs don't kill players, even when are clearly hit by the blast. Very frustrating
    It's usually lags (usually on that player's side). You see player in one place, but he already moved from that spot. There are also some known game mechanics quirks when pushing bombs. Also blasts become harmless when passing trough portals.
    Thanked by 2 Gally Stranger_Butts
  • I can't make a new topic, so here goes instead: from time to time, I get (whilst playing) spontaneously disconnected, and immediately get connected again. Other players have mentioned the same thing too, often resulting in getting killed while this happens. What gives? 13.gif
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited June 2017
    the same thing as I mentioned before, just happened in AU server. And got me killed, for no reason! Please fix this! chojinfc.gif
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Welcome to Game of Bugs where in Russia bug don't get fixed, bug fix you!. This has been an ongoing issue and has not been fixed in years.