bots

edited May 2017 in The Game
Bots:

They are NOT normal users.
They are spawned with more bonuses than a normal user - extra bombs, extra fire, etc.
They add more non-linearity to an already existing non-linear game.
They are SUICIDAL. Normal users don't mass-suicide.
They steal our stuff.
They have piss poor logic.

To the developers - You may think it's some kind of awesome creation of yours, but in reality, they totally ruin the dynamics of our game. From a business user's POV, they completely add no value.

Please don't keep messing up the game dynamics over and over again.
Don't just tell me I need to buy more perks. Make me feel like buying more perks. There's a difference between the two.
I want to support this game. Please help us to support you guys and kindly consider all our feedback.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Thank you for the feedback. I've edited the topic title.

I assume you speak about bots in PvP room (with names like Bot10, Bot11, etc.), not about monsters in PvM room and bosses.

Bots exist simply to provide some opponents when there are few players on the map. When there are less than 10 players on the map, the game respawns (10 - N) bots. When there are 10 or more players on the field, no new bots are spawned and those who die don't come back.

Bots start with the same bonuses as a human player except +1 bomb. This one bomb only slightly helps them at the beginning, since bots can't dig items intelligently and effectively like humans do. Bots don't steal "your" stuff, they just pick up items like human players do.

Of course, they're dumber than humans and make stupid decisions. The last autumn the AI was improved and several players complained that bots become too strong and asked to make them dumber, but no one asked to make them stronger since then. So we won't make them any smarter. As a cannon fodder they work fine, and bringing their performance on par with a good human player is both very hard and unnecessary.

Bots have nothing to do with perks, they don't change the game mechanics (they play by the same rules as human players) and they are part of the game for a few years already.

Simply regard them as not very skilled human players who are always hostile and never chat. I see no problems here. If you absolutely can't stands bots, I suggest a teamplay room. Also very soon (most likely the next week) there will be personal rooms on normal servers and if their owners choose not to add bots, those rooms will be another territory free of bots.
    Thanked by 3 pwnyy ham Gally
  • Just for the feedback, I do believe that bots start with more power than we do. When spawning at the beginning of a round close to a bot he can lay 2 bombs when I got only 1. I am 99% sure of this :p
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Just for the feedback, I do believe that bots start with more power than we do. When spawning at the beginning of a round close to a bot he can lay 2 bombs when I got only 1. I am 99% sure of this :p
    Thanks, I've checked it: bots indeed receive +1 bomb at the start (and no other bonuses). Well, they need it since they they are much dumber than a human and don't live long.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Bots never use bats and whenever I go to take a bat they take it. They also take kick sometime. But I have no problem with this. They may use kick sometimes, although they don't do it intentionally. Just by mistake maybe, lol.
    But when a bot takes a bat it annoys me. They should not be able to take bat or they should be taught how to use it.
    Thanked by 1 server_down
  • edited May 2017
    Bots and monsters pick up every item except plutonium and perks. There is a simple reason for that: they dig up items (gold, bats, etc.) and if they couldn't pick them up, they would leave many items of certain kinds (such as bats) lying around.

Teaching bots to use a bat would be nice, but as I've written earlier, there is no need to make them stronger; I'd rather spend time on coding more important features.
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally
  • To be honest, I think normal players suicide more often than bots now, when given the chance lol. Bots were way more suicidal before they were updated. And them picking up all items on empty servers keeps the game more balanced. Otherwise you could get tons of points without even having to fight for it.
    Thanked by 2 Gally 0x42
  • The number of bots was reduced and made random in each round: from 3 to 7. The logic is the same as before: if the random rolled 4 bots in this round and there are 3 players on the map, then (4-3) =1 bots will respawn. Empty maps are boring with only few players, but 10 bots is too much.

Please, let us know how many bots would you like to have on maps with 1, 3, 5 players.
    Thanked by 2 Hippo12369 Gally
  • One of the problems is the bots spawn very close together unlike when players spawn usually they are more spread out. There have been numerous times where there were 5-6 or more bots spawning inside a very close area. When they do that they are usually the first to grab power ups, thus leaving you to be suicided eventually because you have no kick or speed. If it mimicked the player spawn algorithm it might make things better.
  • When many bots spawn near, they fight each other and most of them usually die quickly. Unlike players, bots lose everything after death. They also dig inefficiently. So it's not a big problem.

We've increased the number of bots to randomly 7..10 (only slightly lower than 10 before the change).
    Thanked by 2 Hippo12369 Gally
  • I think this should be the thread in which to give feedback regarding bots, excuse me if i am mistaken.

I personally do not have problems with them spawning with more items than me, or the bots' number. That being said they are too suicidal. I just hate hiding behind some block only for a bot to come and kill us both in the last moment. Happens way more often than it did before the last update i think. For some of us that play more frequently during the night time, when servers are empty of real players(and ofcourse filled to the brim with bots) this is very annoying.
  • I hate bots, they have killed me more times than any player did haha :P