Rewards for Medals (Score?)

This topic has been discussed before I believe but I'll bring it up again for the heck of it! I apologize if this was brought up elsewhere on the forum ...

It would be nice if medals had a higher reward than simply just getting one! Perhaps a reward of coins or score added on to your total score for the round? It doesn't have to be some crazy amount ... it'd just be nice!

Comments

• It gives you something: a medal
    Thanked by 2 Gally banana_sama
  • How about medals give more exp. Some multiplier bonus like Bronze x2, Silver x3 and Gold x4. Doesn't interfere directly with the game, and also gives a little more than just the medal.
  • No, they give a MEDAL
  • @rabbitbombe Have you been playing these days?
  • No, they give a MEDAL

I said in the original post that it would be nice if medals had a greater reward then simply just getting one ... the issue is that only a medal is given as stated in the original post :)
    LazyABB wrote: »
    How about medals give more exp. Some multiplier bonus like Bronze x2, Silver x3 and Gold x4. Doesn't interfere directly with the game, and also gives a little more than just the medal.

Mmhm! I believe a score multiplier would be too much... 20 kills gets you 400 score assuming no perks to multiply score are used. 400 x 4 is 1600! That's a lot of score! I think that score multipliers would give too much score and would make getting higher ranks a little too easy ...
  • I stopped so now I play clash royale @MaximusDj
    Thanked by 1 MaximusDj
  • I have a idea were you can craft pluto out of medals. Like 4 gold medals equal 1 pluto, 8 silver medals equal 1 pluto, etc. This could also make good use of silver and cold you can collect. 15 pieces of gold = 1 gold medal, etc.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited March 2017
    maybe, but not the gold thing because you can get so much of it quickly like 500 per round
  • @ham_ 1600 points would still take forever for someone at my rank to level up. I am 54% through my rank and still need over 1 million exp to rank up. I am only 2 star I can only imagine for the players that are 4 star how long it will take them to get theirs.
    Thanked by 1 KCG_Ryuzero
  • Making some drastic change to scoring wouldn't be fair to anyone who played long before the change. Maybe if something was worth more or less points they would've played a different way that whole time.

It would be cool if ranking up didn't take so long, but that's the way it's always been for everyone. It's meant to be hardcore.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I still need over 8 million points for the next rank. xD
    Thanked by 2 Gally ham
  • I dunno rank overall doesn't mean a lot in game for skill. Just says who play a lot lot lot. I've been off and on for what 4-5 years. Some players who have been on longer than me are still like 1 star. I have been 2 star for like 2 years almost now. Maybe make it so if get can down rank if you get more deaths than kills :p like Halo 3 use to do.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • LazyABB wrote: »
    I dunno rank overall doesn't mean a lot in game for skill. Just says who play a lot lot lot. I've been off and on for what 4-5 years. Some players who have been on longer than me are still like 1 star. I have been 2 star for like 2 years almost now. Maybe make it so if get can down rank if you get more deaths than kills :p like Halo 3 use to do.

if it took your current stats and did that, I would be far in the negative ranks xD
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited April 2017
    I dunno rank overall doesn't mean a lot in game for skill. Just says who play a lot lot lot. I've been off and on for what 4-5 years. Some players who have been on longer than me are still like 1 star. I have been 2 star for like 2 years almost now. Maybe make it so if get can down rank if you get more deaths than kills :p like Halo 3 use to do.

I'm one of those who play 5 years+ and are still 1 star. B)
    Thanked by 1 Gally

I'm one of those players that has only played for a little under a year and is already 44% of the way to 1 star (from the previous rank) :sunglasses:.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I gave this topic a little more thought, and maybe medals should have more value. Here's why:

When you pick up a pluto you get 3 things: pluto added to your account, 500 points, and another "plutonium found". When you score a goal you get 3 things: a goal, 120 points, and 100 coins (I think that's the correct amount?). When you get a medal, that's all you get.

It kinda makes playing for kills on your account less valuable than focusing on goals or pluto. I'm not saying goals and pluto should be less valuable, but maybe it would be more balanced if playing for kills and medals were worth more than they are now?
  • edited April 2017

Some people have higher education and don't need to worry about ranks in video games @KCG_Ryuzero like you and me, also a lot of players switch between 1-2 accounts maybe even a guest account so a lot of points get divided between the accounts. Do I even need to mention a lot of 1 star players didn't use a single perk to get where they are while the two star and above most used a ton of perks to double scores, shield suicide etc. So really blabbering on about how long someone is at a certain level doesn't do a whole lot in real life, and really no one gives a crap. It's just a game.
    Thanked by 1 KarlHavoc
  • It doesn't mean anything, but if you look at high rankers, they also have more kills than you, meaning they are doing better. If you use perks, you could be like them and instead of 20 kpm, you could have 30 or more.
    Thanked by 1 Gally

Some people have higher education and don't need to worry about ranks in video games @KCG_Ryuzero like you and me, also a lot of players switch between 1-2 accounts maybe even a guest account so a lot of points get divided between the accounts. Do I even need to mention a lot of 1 star players didn't use a single perk to get where they are while the two star and above most used a ton of perks to double scores, shield suicide etc. So really blabbering on about how long someone is at a certain level doesn't do a whole lot in real life, and really no one gives a crap. It's just a game.

lol!
  • It doesn't mean anything, but if you look at high rankers, they also have more kills than you, meaning they are doing better. If you use perks, you could be like them and instead of 20 kpm, you could have 30 or more.

Why would I want to taint my stellar reputation and good looks with perks? If I used perks I would just be letting my millions of fans down.
  • Do u have a yt channel or something?
  • This sounds more like a motivational thread than a thread about medals now.