The Current System Isn't Working...

Recently, I brought one of my friends from my YouTube community on here to play GoB. Immediately, we're both harassed in chat. I personally don't care. I've played this game long enough to not care about what certain players say because it's all bullcrap. She later told me that what the person (who I will not name) said made her really sad.

For new players, the chat is absolutely horrible. It's probably one of the reasons new players don't stick around for very long. I know that there's a censored and uncensored chat but that is a horrible system as well. There are barely any active moderators, plus censored chat is completely dead. So most players will go to uncensored anyway. It's not a good look for the game when new people are freely harassed as soon as they start playing.

It pisses me off that I brought someone from my community here to try out the game and have fun, and it was a very negative experience for them. My YouTube community has outgrown the size of this community with over 20,000 subscribers and usually more viewers per hour than this game has active players. How? These are my chat rules:

1. Be respectful of all
2. No begging for subs, shoutouts, points, or mod
3. No subswap (or joking about it)
4. No self promo
5. No spam
6. Don't impersonate others
7. No sexual stuff

Obviously some of those rules don't apply to a game chat, but that's an example of rules that should be applied and enforced in any live chat. I have enough moderators that someone is almost always active. Meanwhile on this game, even the rules that are supposed to apply to uncensored chat are not enforced.
nicknames and squad names must not mock nicknames of existing players
That one definitely doesn't get enforced much lol

What We Need:

- Enough mods who will enforce the rules in a fair manner

- One universal chat on each room with universal rules (just like in the past)

- Don't permanently ban people from chat. It will only make them angry and they will just make alt accounts. What you need to do is mute them for like 5 minutes first offense, then maybe raise the time by 5 minutes each time if they repeatedly offend over a short period of time. This is why the game needs more moderators. The only way this system works is if mods are on to enforce this properly without being lazy and just giving people long bans.

- Only ban accounts if they are obviously alt accounts made with the purpose of harassing others or evading a mute.

Probably no one will read this, but I guess it's worth a try. Hopefully I didn't forget to add anything.

Comments

• The mods in this game can't be online 24/7, but what the game could do is to add a robot mod that monitors the chat or something like that. TBH the chat is always flooded with those harrasments, in the meantime it's good there is a "no chat" feature so you can not even look at the chat :wink:
    Thanked by 2 Gally Stranger_Butts
  • I agree very much that online harassment is a problem on this game... It's certainly one factor that has kept me from playing! We all desire a community, for that's how humans are, yet to be harassed or made to feel bad about ourselves in a place where we'd hope to make connections can leave us feeling very hurt... Especially for those dealing with serious issues in one's personal life.

I don't think that the responsibility/burden to deal with harassment in the game should lay so heavily onto the player or victim... I don't think that it should be that hurtful behavior is something to be "tolerated" and "ignored," where the victim of hurtful behavior can only make the moves to isolate themselves or inconvenience themselves (such as opting to turn off the chat) and let the harasser have reign.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've really played the game :0( I'm not sure if this game is still being updated, but if there is still genuine interest and if there are still new developments in the game happening behind the scenes, this is definitely an issue to address... The harassment on this game can be really alienating to new players, and we don't need to add additional stress into other people's lives...

[I'm sorry if this post came off strong, by the way!! I understand that tackling this issue is not easy, and it is a complex issue since the harassers might be unhappy people themselves & are taking out their unhappiness onto other players... I just feel that more action needs to be taken *if* this game is still being managed by its developers. I'm not sure if this game is really being updated, though... which is super okay!! Sometimes, our interests in things just wears off over time :') ]
    Thanked by 3 pwnyy Gally HASHARAHHA14
  • Just a reminder that each player really does have their own "mod power". When you click on a person's name in the chat box an option to "ignore" that player will come up (in red). You can literally mute players for yourself.

fyi most mods were against the idea of splitting chat. The censored chat is literally the old chat (pre-split), the fact that most players don't use this chat tells me that they don't want the old system....

Also there is only 1 DEV who works on this game now and they are (still) trying to get the "desktop client" working. [Meaning I suspect that probably nothing will change any time soon].

Although I do appreciate the support for mods, it is something that is rarely seen. :)