Bosses

There should be new bosses, or make the bosses we have (Evil Spider)&(Evil Hamster), should spawn like every 5 rounds or so.
I thought of a boss (might be cringy, don't judge ;-;) a Evil Bear or Cyborg Bear,you name it. ebvfkd4wem6d.png
Thanked by 1 HASHARAHHA14

Comments

• Sorry for the huge page!
  • Attacks
    1. (Bear Swing) "When a player gets close to the "boss"the Bear will swing with his right arm". (Cool Down 15 sec.)
    2. (Bear Smash) "When player is 5-7 blocks away, the Bear will smash the ground creating 3 sound waves". I forgot the word, sorry. (Cool Down 25 sec.)
    3. (Bear Rampage) "When the bear can't cant sense no one with-in 10 blocks it will get mad and have a speed boost".(While boost (15sec./Cool Down 30 sec.)
    4. (Optional),(Lasers) "When the Bear see's a player five blocks away it shoots 5 lasers rapidly".(Cool Down 50 sec.)
  • (Bear droppings) "Lasers", and "Bear Swing"
  • edited July 2019
    Hmm... I think the ham and spider boss go better with the game's design. It would probably be better to make it some type of evil pony/human. Although because of Bear Rampage and the image, this made me think back to a time a boar almost killed me as a low-level player in tibia.

Boars are fairly fast and they run away at low health. These little guys were hunted almost to extinction, I actually have only ever seen them near the Outlaw Camp west of Venore. While doing the quest to get a lucky rabbit's foot for some extra gold I was-

Wait a second! You got me monologuing! tsk tsk ...I need to stop doing that, Boars give you 60 experience when you kill them, but you will often get more... since up till the level of 50, you get a natural experience boost that gets smaller and smaller as you climb the ranks. The boost isn't anything crazy, but it is alright. Unless you consider boar meat valuable, they drop nothing at all of value (maybe occasional gold), but you'd be far better off hunting rotworms-

Where was I going with this? Ah, yes.

The reason I brought that up, is that I have emotional scars caused by getting mauled by a boar as a very horribly equipped low-level druid...

Actually, I guess because of the additions to constructor... it could fit with the game. But we have something organic 'spider boss' and something robotic/organic like the 'hamster boss'. If we get a new boss, it would be nice just to get something like a 'langolier boss' that is on an entirely different level. I'm talking about putting it on a level, where the other bosses are scared of it. It should shake the map, shake the world. Smash through blocks, destroy everything. I should remember it like I remembered the boar trauma... a true boss must traumatize the player, the boar wasn't a boss though... quite a weak animal actually.... (the spider boss is quite powerful though, but it doesn't tear apart the fabric of the universe...yet).
    Thanked by 3 LeSerge Gally pwnyy
  • So... do you want a new boss cause i'm bored of fighting the same bosses for 2 years. I really don't understand your point, please explain it more. I know I want a new boss, but I know you are trying to compare my point of a new boss(I think) with another game.

And btw, please explain it, cause I barely have no idea what you're saying what you are saying, please respond as quick as you can.
    - @Gokuu_
  • Just tell me if you're trying to compare it to another game or the bosses we have.
    Thanks
  • "We have something organic 'spider boss' and something robotic/organic like the 'hamster boss'. If we get a new boss, it would be nice just to get something like a 'langolier boss' that is on an entirely different level. I'm talking about putting it on a level, where the other bosses are scared of it. It should shake the map, shake the world. Smash through blocks, destroy everything. I should remember it like I remembered the boar trauma... a true boss must traumatize the player, the boar wasn't a boss though... quite a weak animal actually.... (the spider boss is quite powerful though, but it doesn't tear apart the fabric of the universe...yet)."

--
    tldr; The Langolier is the monster that eats the map at the end of the round in GOB (so it is within our universes grasp). I'm saying we should just use that as the shell for the next boss, but add mechanics to the point where it interacts with the map and players more (since that would be far more interesting).
    --

GOB is a bit special in the sense that the boss doesn't get reset after we lose to it, we can just keep chipping away at it. In other games, you'll have to redo that stage of the boss if you lost to it, or you'll have to do over the entire boss battle itself (in multiplayer games, you'll likely lose the resources + the chance to even fight that boss for awhile). A huge part of the fun of fighting a boss is learning its behavior. If a boss shakes a bit before making a 9x9 area in front of it collapse and turn into abyss, the fact that you know that will happen is an advantage (knowledge that will help you survive in later encounters).

Bosses should feel like they are on a different level from the players (sometimes to the extent where they are literally invincible, completely untouchable except at certain moments of weakness -> but the behaviors should have visual indicators, and are able to be reacted to). I'll give some examples of using the concepts you used for your boss.

4. (Optional),(Lasers) "When the Bear see's a player five blocks away it shoots 5 lasers rapidly".(Cool Down 50 sec.)

So whenever a player gets within 5 blocks of 'Cyborg Bear', 5 lasers will shoot rapidly -> Is it instant death? Is it just slow enough to react to it and move out of the way?

I say that instant death is less satisfying to play against, but being able to react to it on your first try can be equally uninteresting. So what do we do about it? Well, what if we do both... we have it so that while it is slightly off, we have map generation particles appear around the boss 1 block up from where the lasers will fire out. We can have this happen maybe 1s to 2s before the lasers fire out in what would be death in an instant. The explanation for the map generation particles, would the gathering of energy for the lasers. An experienced player would know from the visual indicator the exact spot where the lasers would be. They would have a 100% chance of dodging the lasers, but somebody just fighting the boss... would have far worse odds.

In my eyes the bosses in GOB are not too great at this (don't get me wrong, there are things you can look out for like the vampiric bite etc... because of the cooldown. But tell me, can you dodge the bite? You can, but its really just keeping distance. The boss doesn't give the player any information to work with [That's just me nitpicking though xD -> Hamster boss has the Ultra Bomb as a great visual indicator + the bar for placing turrets, You are able to see when the spider boss places down eggs, and tell when they are about to hatch, you can literally dodge the web, as it shoots out by figuring out where its range will be].

My real point is bosses should be absolutely insane there should be chaos, but it should be controlled chaos. It should be impossible to beat a boss through brute force, you should have had to have 'seen' through all its tricks (so like with my example with the lasers for the Cyborg Bear, but just that alone would be meh). There should be many behaviors like that for the boss, and if you one day figure out all of them... even with your player not in the best of positions/conditions. You should have a 100% chance of never dying to that boss again, and winning eventually. On the other hand, if you go at it blindly... even with a shield, full flame, maxed speed, you will never ever beat it (unless you make adjustments to your behavior, or you've died so many times your procedural memory just already knows what's up, before you do xD). I don't want bosses to always be restricted to the same movement styles as bots and players, I want them to go beyond that.

My experience with the bosses essentially

I died because I just ran in and I knew they had that ability charged, but in another scenario, I would still not be able to react to it (even if I counted the timing in my head for when it would be recharged[25s I think?], a boss could have used it off-screen... so I would never really know when the boss actually had the ability. Even if I didn't run in, I would not have been able to beat the boss. My items were extremely low, and I only had a few flames ( could run around all day trying to kill them in that state -> but it would never happen, and even if I got full items -> unless I got blue flames, they would probably recover health faster then I could dish it out [unless within a few minutes, I somehow cleared out a huge area, and was just able to attack them from a distance, while doing maximum damage]. I'm definitely not setting all that up within a few minutes before the next round starts. I shouldn't need to be overpowering to beat the boss, It also shouldn't just spawn in the middle of the round, where you won't have any prep time [I tend to play with few items, so maybe that's just me xD]. You could make a simple change to the bosses now by making them consistent -> having them always spawn at the 12:00 minute mark; telling players they will spawn this round, as soon as the round starts.

This even adds a bit of information you can learn as well, since if you have picked up on the information that the boss spawns at exactly 12:00, you know you have 4 minutes to get the map in the optimal state to fight it, as well as get the items needed to actually keep up with it. Instead of just getting stomped because it spawned randomly when everyone was underprepared (that doesn't make for an interesting battle at all). This was my point :p
  • 3 months later
  • Never mind about my idea then.