new server or room for the old rules.

edited July 2019 in The Game
Can you guys bring back the old rules where the max bombs were 16 - 20 or bring it down to 12, max fire power was 8, max speed was 6 and add the heart back?
It might bring back a lot of the old players.

Edit: Forgot about the a pac man at the <30sec mark.
Thanked by 2 HASHARAHHA14 Gally

Comments

• edited July 2019
    My theory is that Gob will lie dormant, with hardly any players... for quite some time. But the moment the desktop client comes out, there will be a crap ton of quality of life features (as well as some gameplay features) that add to the re-playability of the game, then when news goes out, that it is finally here! The game will 'blow up' with old players that have been lurking in the shadows... may just be my love for the game talking :p

I don't expect it to be soon though... but within the next 5-10 years xD

Right now, in the games current state... I really don't think there is any potential to 'lose' players from making a change at this current time, that have not already left the game. So a change like your suggesting may actually be very very good. I think there would be a burst of activity for a few weeks from something like that, but then people will find a way to complain about the mechanics changing all of a sudden (would somehow be the people that never intended on playing again xD)

So it would probably be best to market it as an event (always on the safe side). Sending an email out to everybody with something like

BOMBERMINE EVENT!!! It's BACK!
    In 3 days a lot of the olds rules for gob will be coming back...
    This is a special event! More bomb capacity! More Flame! More Speed! Old Loading Screen! (for the lols) Harsher Penalties! How long can you survive the langoliers? This event will last for an entire month, hone your skills, and reconnect will old friends, as you all kill each other with an obscene amount of bombs. Fun levels? pffff what are those? Plutonium? Good luck finding that now, you better get on to boost the odds, bots? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Enjoy your goals peacefully, just kidding... you will be in combat most definitely. Oh, just so you know, The person that is able to get to the top of the leaderboard by the end of the month will get their very own custom made skin (as long as it is not some copyrighted material). So please do your best!

A lot of people probably wouldn't even see the email, but I imagine a good number would manage to find out about it. I do think this would boost the players, but for how much or how long, I am not sure. They may not want there to be many players right now current anyways (want the hyped moment to hit everybody at once with the desktop client potentially)

There would really be nothing at all to lose from this (but it would probably be a pain to make certain changes for the developers.... so maybe make a temporary room for it to have special rules). It could be a pretty fun thing, but I don't expect something like this to happen xD
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy ham
  • edited August 2019
    Is it not possible to create like a different room then? We have one for tutorial and some others.

Edit:thanks for the reply btw.
    Thanked by 1 HASHARAHHA14
  • It should definitely be possible :p (they might need some incentive to do it though, so I don't think it'll happen for now at least)