Easter Eggs

In the games that I have played through the years I have discovered hidden or rare/random things that happen in video games.
One of my favorites is an Easter Egg in grand theft auto san andreas where there is a large sign on the top of a very tall bridge that reads:
"there are no easter eggs up here go away!" XD i just found this rather amusing and I was curious if anyone else has found anything strange or random occur in video games that they have played.

Enjoy the discussion! :smiley:

Comments

• For GoB look at the timer whenit hits 3:14 time left in the round :)
  • In tibia if you go right of carlin, or below ab'drenial, there are rotworm caves... and they aren't that big (so if you explore for a bit, you'll eventually find a cave that leads to 1 goblin, and when you reach the end of the path... there's a sign that is sombody complaining about having to dig the tunnels, and how they quit unless they get better gear.

Also in hearthstone during the expansion of knights of the frozen throne, when you would fight the lich king as a mage (he would set your health to 1 at the start, as a reference to mages surviving a lot due to iceblock, but if you used counterspell.... he would be like "How did that get past QA?!?!".

And if you stole his silence spell as a priest if you silenced him (you could have a conversation of grunts and Mhmms....

Also in Jak3 (playstation 2) there was one scene that use to always crack me up (not super easter eggy though), where before you got in a race over a dark or light crystal a monk would tell you "this isn't a game!" and then Jak and Dexter would look at the camera in confusion.

In Hearthstone if you play Cairne against garrosh (warrior), he will say "Garrosh, you are not fit to rule the hoard!"

In tibia if you go left of Venore, to a desert (I forgot the name of the desert), there is a hole... if you go down it will you will not able to get back up (even with rope), and you will find somebody else that shared the same fate... and there would be a spider by there body you would kill (and if you looted their body, you could read a book that contained their last moments...).

In Destroy all Humans 2 (Playstation 2), you could go to beijing or japan (my memory is a bit fuzzy...) but there were ninjas! and basically you could read peoples minds, so the average commoner would be trying to decide if they would become a ninja....

I think destroy all humans also had a few moments where they would break the fourth wall... but I can't really remember it well enough to describe it in any form of capacity.... oh well, that's about all the things I could think of off the top of my head - some of this may be slightly inaccurate, as it has been awhile since I've experienced it.... :p

• I remember I use to play soo much san andreas, but most of my time was spent using cheat codes... and exploring the map (I really enjoyed the open world on that game... so much)
    Thanked by 2 Gally Raccattack
  • to be honest ive played san andreas since middle school :smiley: and i still love it. to me its the best game in the series no questions asked.

does anyone else have any easter eggs they would like to share? im all ears
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I ate an easter egg once! hardboiled, with some nice french Dijon, very tasty
  • I remember there was a lot of easter eggs in the old first generation Pokémon games. There were invisible items on the ground, a secret way to find Mew, the ghost in Lavender Town, and numerous other stuff and cheats that unlocked stuff in the game. lol
  • Oh yes I love a good easter egg in a game!
    My fave is in Scissor Quest 4 : The search for Jimmy's underpants.
    If you nudge the giant wasp at the end of level 8 - a tube of foot ointment appears under the magic sandals.
  • Meow, I used to play WaveRace for Super Nintendo. There was a silly easter egg where if you modified your audio settings the right way the announcer would mock your play unless you were perfect. Weird but true. :smiley:
  • Oh yes I love a good easter egg in a game!
    My fave is in Scissor Quest 4 : The search for Jimmy's underpants.
    If you nudge the giant wasp at the end of level 8 - a tube of foot ointment appears under the magic sandals.

:thats friggin hilarious jimmy :D
    Thanked by 1 ToddHall
  • thx for your input catkirbymeow :)
    Thanked by 1 Jimmy_Scissors
  • Meow, I used to play WaveRace for Super Nintendo. There was a silly easter egg where if you modified your audio settings the right way the announcer would mock your play unless you were perfect. Weird but true. :smiley:

yessss i remember that easter egg lol it was funny xD

Some easter eggs i remember were: in Five Night's at Freddy's 4, there is a plushie behind you, when you click on its nose, it makes a honk sound.
    In Donkey Kong Country 3 on the gameboy, there was rocks next to a waterfall, and if you had the hovercraft vehicle and make a clockwise rotation around the rocks, it opens a new area, and more levels :P
  • Gally wrote: »
    For GoB look at the timer whenit hits 3:14 time left in the round :)

ha :) very subtle.
    Thanked by 2 Gally Raccattack
  • this is a great discussion lets keep em coming guys :)
  • duke nukem 3d.... (most of you are too young to know but that was the shit by that time)
    they were some good "hidden door" in that game!
  • Not an easter egg, but similar...

From Pokemon Gold & Silver
  • that new stuff is really cool. i had no idea there were old unused pokemon like that. it shows ya how much we REALLY know.