Item Kick & Suiciders [+ maybe bye in few weeks/months]

Bombermine (then Game Of Bombs) was the only one game in my life I've never been bored... but I'm sad because it is coming.
I think the main reason I'm starting to get bored comes from the kick item lost everytime plus everything it implies.

The game was not easy for new players before, I think it's even harder now (how could they master pushing bombs...dying/losing the kick?), and the good players benefit, even more than before, to keep (by not dying) their ability to push bombs...whereas few players can.
Game harder = more suiciders. As they can't play "normally", they suicide.
Maybe I'm badlucky when I come, but I can see ~20 players in total: ~5 real players + ~5 noob suiciders + ~5-10 at team play + ~5-0 against the bots.
So many suiciders that the game is now random... We need to be lucky (= not targetted).

Few players = small maps, but one of the main reason I loved this game and also, I think, the main reason MANY players discovered the game was big maps massively multiplayers.
For me, GoB has lost too many of its interesting differences with Bomberman (that I never liked). No more fields for blue fire bombs (3-locks puzzle, island, etc.), football on small maps is not funny.

I'm from the first bombermine. I saw you've lost players by multiplying servers (unreasonably in my opinion) everywhere around the world, but the result was bearable (still ~40-50 players/round).
You gained some new with the special room on RU (thanks to social network if I remember well).
You're losing some more again (< 25 players/round), and I'm probably in the queue: I'll just "consume" my remaining pluto (about 110 hours of gameplay).

I think nobody (or few) leaves the games without telling why ; I can then I do with this post, before really leaving in case the game wakes up.

Comments

• edited June 2017
    @Unadulterated who knows? I don't care if they won't change anything: I'm just sad & for them & for the game. I wouldn't want them to change when it's too late (to get enough players back).
    I'm just trying to be constructive saying what I see/what I understand about what happens, before leaving.
    As I said, I've some pluto remaining, 110 hours of gameplay is not nothing...

I don't think the team of GoB likes to lose players, and, even less, players who make significant donations regularly (like me, without goal, just loving the game).

I clicked on your link, but just by seeing the complex graphics of the first picture and the huge amount of data to load...I stopped loading at 2%. I don't want to play it, because I guess (in advance) that this is not the kind of game I love (I like simple games, where everyone can be bad at the beginning then progress, not the games where you play to play...).

Every game has bugs (and I don't care of bugs, I like to report them...). And I'm not thinking suiciders on GoB want to ruin the game (they just almost can't progress anymore in my opinion).
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I think it could also be the skill of the average player going up, since less people play... those that do will be pretty skilled, so when a new player does show up, they'll get slaughtered more then they normally would; then if you don't polish your skills the game will get slightly harder for you as well, (whenever I show people this game, they die a lot and then give up on it) I don't really think this can be fixed, I just think their being less players makes the game a little bit harder for new players.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I remember a time when new players weren't slaughtered and everyone showed them the ropes. Since they implemented guest accounts, it gets abused now all of us high tier players slaughter the guests so if the game loses players because of it, the devs are the only ones to blame since they didn't implement controls to guard against it.
    Thanked by 1 see_ya
  • I remember a time when new players weren't slaughtered and everyone showed them the ropes. Since they implemented guest accounts, it gets abused now all of us high tier players slaughter the guests so if the game loses players because of it, the devs are the only ones to blame since they didn't implement controls to guard against it.

When I was new, people showed me the ropes (and guest accounts were already implemented), But it does feel like their are a lot less people helping new players out, since now when you see a rookie, you assume they are a star level player, and don't help them at all (otherwise you die xD)
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited July 2017
    Nothing will change @Syme so I guess enjoy your life. I recommend Slash Arena, it is a very robust game with great programming and no bugs/players who just want to ruin the game play because their life sucks.

https://slasharena.com/

LOL that game is a s#!tshow!
    It's a cool idea, highly addictive yes...but their system needs a ton of work.
    Tons of lag, tons of vastly advanced players that can take everyone out with one swing...I want them to improve the game and balance it properly, then it'll be great. :D
  • I think it could also be the skill of the average player going up, since less people play... those that do will be pretty skilled, so when a new player does show up, they'll get slaughtered more then they normally would; then if you don't polish your skills the game will get slightly harder for you as well,

I stopped playing for over a year, I believe this game is like riding a bike. I tried to stay off for a long time to see if people would get better than me. It's more just predicting other players moves. Defensive players tend to die a lot less but usually get few kills, aggressive players take bigger risks usually ending with more kills but die a lot if they can't see 3 or 4 steps ahead, then there are the experts who have perfect time on stuff and know how to chain bombs(I'd say it's a risky trick and takes a while to figure out), last there are the bomb tossers and kickers who usually get few kills and just are an obstacle(chase them down they run and hide)

I am a typical aggressive player, fortunately I am good at predicting what other players try to do. That's why my kill/death ratio is so good. Also why I like to use shield regen since you never know what bots/newbies/trolls/fakeguests/suiciders are going to do. I normally play a game or two without using the good perks, but if there are certain players in I rather have it as the in case they do crap moves.(sit in a corner and they run in blocking themselves kind of move)

Thanked by 3 syme Gally HASHARAHHA14
  • edited August 2017
    syme wrote: »
    I think it's even harder now (how could they master pushing bombs...dying/losing the kick?), and the good players benefit, even more than before
    The chances of losing the kick, bombs, power, etc, hasn't been changed in many years. In fact, the death penalties were very harsh in the first years (after a few consecutive deaths you had almost nothing left), then they were reduced greatly, reduced even more for players who have died recently. And it hasn't been changed ever since.
    @syme Why do you think it's harder now?

We can reduce these penalties again if most players think it'll be better. What does everyone think? Are the penalties after dying too high now?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I wouldn't mind kick being harder to lose :p, right now the penalties don't seem too bad (I've even had rounds where I intentionally die, to get to a better spot) but it is kinda one of those things that sucks, when your collecting items; your battling someone, you die; and then you have to to avoid people while collecting items again (because everyone is faster then you, and its easy to get trapped when you don't have kick) but when you do have kick, its very easy to defend yourself; your able to battle people and hold ground against someone with way more items then you, and you can recover even quicker (pushing bombs to collect items, rather then risking going into a situation where you could be trapped) but it is a more hardcore mode, if a new player is really struggling (they could explore the mechanics way more freely in team play) but I don't think old players would mind not losing kick upon death.

although I probably have a bias, it is one of my favorite items to have (since it adds a lot more complexity to situations, and you can do a lot of cool things when you get your timing right) although allowing people to keep kick upon death could also make it harder for some players (no more easy kills ;p) I do think kick adds a lot more breathing room for players, so when you do keep it after death... it feels pretty good xD
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • @Excuse_Me Since the mixed mode, I always lose the kick when I die (whatever the number of deaths and delay between them, even dying only once I lose it). Even observing players, everybody lose its kick for each death.

In extension of what @HASHARAHHA14 said, no kick = no defence = much more harder start (and even more when targeted). But I disagree with "its very easy to defend yourself" because it does not make it "very easy". It's just impossible without, and possible with the kick.

The chance of losing items (in general) is good I think. If losing the kick everytime was not intended (since you're talking about the chance of losing it with other items), then I maybe it's a regression. There is a 100% chance that the kick is selected to be removed.
    Thanked by 2 Excuse_Me Gally
  • edited August 2017
    Thanks for noticing!
    That was an unintended change 9 month ago. Before that change the chance of losing kick was 50%.
    It's fixed back to 50%.
    Thanked by 3 syme HASHARAHHA14 Gally
  • edited August 2017
    @Excuse_Me Yes I've said it for months!...but everybody just said things "developers made it for money" or "against big scores"... (I never believe this could be for money since there is no perk/power-up to buy against this, and about big scores it does nothing against them).

Thanks a lot :-). I'll stop to waste my pluto and continue to play forever :-D (except if the game becomes ruined again and stays... but I'll always keep warning before, in case, like this thread).

I think it's the main reason you've lost players sadly.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I didn't even realize it, I thought I was just very unlucky xD
    Thanked by 1 Gally