random reconnects

While playing, I get all of a sudden a popup " reconnecting", and get tossed out of the game and instantly get back in the game, most of the time getting killed bc of this. At first, I thought it was bc I played in AU room, but it just happened in Eu1 room. What is this cause?? It's very annoying, not to mention unnecessary kills m037.gif

Comments

• It happens to me too randomly. Also, I haven't seen a single boss spawn since the last major update.
  • Yes is known bug [happens to me too, usually at a bad time, like if I'm waiting for the ball to roll by so I can kick it into the goal. Or I just drop a bomb, then cannot move because that happens to me, so I am dead when it next reconnect]
  • edited July 2017
    A browser stops receiving packets and after some time closes the socket with an internal error. The server also closes the connection after the last write attempt timed out. There are no exceptions in our code when it happens, connection is just lost. I'm not sure if it's a new thing or a bug and how to fix it. Most likely it's just a bad connection, reconnects have always happened. But I'll be looking further into this.

I've received logs from one user, but a few more logs might still help. If it happens to you, please, right after the connection is restored, copy and send me to Inbox a few last pages from the browser console (it can be opened by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+i).
    Thanked by 2 Gally Stranger_Butts
  • There are errors in SLL connections, a lot on US, but far less on EU for some reason. I'm investigating and trying to fix them.
  • I got a couple of those again in EU1, I hope you'll find a fix for it. This bug seems to manifest itself since a few months err7.gif
    Thanked by 2 CrashMaxxXx Gally
  • since i can't play anymore on ru because of terrible laags i play on eu and i've had a lot reconnects, too! usually in situations when it's really bad (eg. short before pluto catch).
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • same here - didnt used to be that way but the past days i have had frequent reconnects
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited July 2017
    We've updated the network libraries on the US server. It might have helped or not. If you experience a sudden reconnect on US after July 25, please, copy and send to my Inbox a few last pages from the browser console (it can be opened by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+i).
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • How about the EU / AU server? us4allweetniet.gif
    Thanked by 1 Zuckerwatte
  • edited July 2017
    Come on, devs! I getting killed bc of this! It sucks!!! sturm.gif I know it takes time, but an answer might build some understanding 20.gif
  • edited August 2017
    It seems the problem on the US server is fixed by updating the network libraries (no unusual reconnects after the update were reported). I've updated EU server today and will update the rest of the servers tomorrow.
  • Yeah, I haven't noticed any random reconnects on US server lately. Thanks. : )
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Still getting freezing and waiting for packet on 64bit OS/64 bit browser.
  • Still getting freezing and waiting for packet on 64bit OS/64 bit browser.
    It's a usual problem with a bad connection and has nothing to do with 64 bit. Check this thread, it might help: https://forum.gameofbombs.com/discussion/69/lag-and-how-to-decrease-it.
    Thanked by 1 Gally