Team Play

I'm asking to reconsider the decision to cancel the Team Play map. This was a very bad decision.

Comments

• Teamplay is still in the game. Just find the blue portal on the map to enter the teamplay room.

cqmlsyecpd5k.jpg
  • edited May 2017
    Teamplay still exists, only to get there you go through the blue portal. If you finish the round in teamplay room, you continue the next round in teamplay.

To everyone: if you logically explain why exactly your prefer the old system, we'll try to find some good solution.
    If you just write "This was a very bad decision" without any explanation, this claim seems unjustified and we can't do anything about it.
    Thanked by 1 Hagelslag
  • It creates a barrier for people to find and participate in Team Play. The community is completely destroyed as you've already noticed and will continue to do so. In addition the chat is ruined and you can just escape the map anytime you want.
  • edited May 2017
    It creates a barrier for people to find and participate in Team Play.
    A small barrier - go to the portal, making some kills and picking bonuses on the way (which is also fun), and then play in the team room for as many rounds as you want.

Next week we'll add an option to the profile to choose a default room or make servers remember the last room longer and you'll be always starting in that room after you leave the server. So this barrier will be completely eliminated.
    The community is completely destroyed
    It's merged with the PvP community, to be precise. And some PvP players have found their way into teamplay now.
    In addition the chat is ruined
    No, it isn't. In fact, the chat benefits greatly, because trolls often raged in team rooms without moderators and now it's easier to moderate a single chat and there will be less trolling.

We can add a chat filter that can be switched on/off and allows you to see messages only from your room. Will it make the chat "not ruined" for you?
    and you can just escape the map anytime you want.
    Indeed, if you are close to the portal. And it's good option.

Thanked by 4 pwnyy ham Hagelslag Gally
  • edited May 2017
    Excuse_Me wrote: »
    It creates a barrier for people to find and participate in Team Play.
    A small barrier - go to the portal, making some kills and picking bonuses on the way (which is also fun), and then play in the team room for as many rounds as you want.

Next week we'll add an option to the profile to choose a default room or make servers remember the last room longer and you'll be always starting in that room after you leave the server. So this barrier will be completely eliminated.
    It is not fun at all and it's these barriers, however small, that ruin the mood.
    The community is completely destroyed
    It's merged with the PvP community, to be precise. And some PvP players have found their way into teamplay now.
    No offense, but how can you tell? I have not seen you there regularly, while other members have made the same remarks about the ruined community on here.
    In addition the chat is ruined
    No, it isn't. In fact, the chat benefits greatly, because trolls often raged in team rooms without moderators and now it's easier to moderate a single chat and there will be less trolling.

We can add a chat filter that can be switched on/off and allows you to see messages only from your room. Will it make the chat "not ruined" for you?
    Now you have just random convos passing by along with random messages concerning absolutely nothing relevant to your game. It's just an incoherent mess.
    and you can just escape the map anytime you want.
    Indeed, if you are close to the portal. And it's good option.
    How is that staying true to the game? That's just fleeing anytime the game doesn't go as you want (which it is supposed to be at times) and making this option much more easy. It actually encourages not to finish the round.

To add to all of this, it was equally fun to catch all these flags, even if you were with just 3 people in the game. Now it's just plain plain boring with so few people (there probably won't ever be any big groups now anyway). In addition, now it's possible to easily upgrade your items in a different place and come back stronger.

It's just an incoherent inconsequent mess.

I don't understand why it's not possible, at least on one server, to have a separate Team Play. Many members have complained and we do greatly notice the diminishing community and pleasure.
    I am not automatically against change, but only for change that adds value.
    I'm getting the sense that the change is mostly because of the easier moderation, but the "trolls" never bothered anywhere even slightly near the inconvenience that the system is.
  • I believe that the greater issue is the generally pessimistic attitude towards the developers (and the game) ... and the negativity perpetuates because people build off of each other on the anger they're feeling. The things that @Excuse_Me said makes sense to me. I think the incoherence of the change is a bit exaggerated ... I personally haven't noticed side-conversations that make things confusing. If anything, most people don't really even talk! I feel that there are more players on teamplay as well (saw about 20-30 in RU)

The ruined community is just a result of people reacting towards the changes. (I'm sorry if I'm sounding really harsh!! I think what I'm saying in this comment comes off a bit too strong, so just remember that I mean this all respectfully and not directing toward anybody in particular)

I think people need to be patient with the developers. I wouldn't think that it's very easy on them for everybody to be complaining whilst the game is still up, still running and still playable. Lag is a problem, but the developers have said they've been working on a desktop client and there hasn't seemed to be a change in these plans. Remember that people are making this game, not robots.
    Thanked by 2 Gally Hagelslag
  • The people make the game indeed. That's why I value their opinion much more than the opinion of people who weren't even passionate about Team Play. Literally everyone hates the new Team Play system. Literally. It is NOT just because it's a change.

I don't do this to complain, but to help. Team Play is dead now and you're losing dozens of players.
  • edited May 2017
    @Controverse Than you for the feedback! We'll try to make it more enjoyable for all players.

Let's summarize:
    - we'll make the last room remembered permanently for each layer on each server. So once you enter the room, you'll never have to leave it and go through the portal again. No barriers.
    - we'll add a filter to the chat that hides all messages from other rooms. If you enable it, the chat will look as if the other rooms don't exist, exactly as before.
    With these 2 changes, it'll feel just like before the change.

The only difference (bad to some, good to some) is portals. They cannot be removed from mixed room. But we can discourage the players going through the portals many time per round to collect items in the other room by taking away some of the items (bombs, power, bat, speed) from players each time they pass through a portal.

Portals work as an escape route only on a small part of the map, and it's even less important in teamplay, which is about capturing stationary flags. A single portal doesn't change gameplay in team significanly.

I encourage you to wait for a few days until we made these changes and give it a shot.
    Thanked by 2 Gally Hagelslag
  • We've temporarily restored the separate teamplay rooms on EU and US server. They will be moved to the mixed room after the improvements described above are implemented. Have a nice game!

This thread is closed because we have another thread about exactly the same, which was created earlier. Feel free to continue discussing teamplay int the other thread.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
This discussion has been closed.