End of team play mode... why ?

edited May 2017 in The Game
Hi,

It's sad to see that all team play mode has been removed on each servers. Since 2013, I was playing on EU server and we had create a little comunity of player and many
friendships have emerged... that was good time. But now with the mixed mode, many players have leave this game, why ? because the game is no longer of interest.

In any case, I had a good time on this platform, and this speach is dedicated in memory of :

boumtuesmort
enchanteur
awe
salty
_z_
sergo
captainkont

... and so many other

Bye
Eusebe

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Teamplay hasn't been removed!

In the past you had to choose it from the menu, and now you enter it through the portal in a mixed room. There are all the same rooms as before (hardcore, PvM, teamplay), only now they are connected with portals. After you enter the teamplay room, play exactly as before.

One small change: teamplay appears only when there are at least 6 active players on the server. When there are less players (and only few of them enter the teamplay room), it's not really a team-play.

The reasons for merging the rooms:
    - it was necessary to support many rooms (PvP, PvM, teamplay, personal rooms, arenas, etc.) even when there are not many players on a server;
    - it makes moderation of a single chat more effective; trolls find easier time in teamplay rooms;
    - it brings separated teamplay and PvP parts of the community together.

Along with the "Squads upgrade" project, we plan to add some improvements to teamplay mode.

P.S. I've removed empty lines at the end of your post.
    Thanked by 2 ham Gally
  • It's a little strange having each server be mixed, but I think I'll get used to it after some time :)

thank you for always working on this game! Much appreciated!!
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Thank for your answer but team play on one map is needed.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • eusebe wrote: »
    Thank for your answer but team play on one map is needed.
    If you logically explain why exactly your prefer the old system, we'll try to find some good solution. Otherwise, there seem to be no reasons for it.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • First, there were 4 team colors and this gave more possibility in the conquest of flags.
    It also seems to me that the differents maps was larger vs mixed mode. Why not have integrated the old maps in the mixed mode ?

And then, as I told you before we were a good band of friends and we took a real pleasure in finding ourselves on this map. Since the mixed mode has been set up, many players have deserted the game and it's really sad. I have always appreciated your updates but this one is not the best.

• edited May 2017
    eusebe wrote: »
    First, there were 4 team colors and this gave more possibility in the conquest of flags.
    3 colors are used if there were at least 15 players on average in the temaplay room in the last round and for 4 colors it needs 40 players. It's to make the number of players in each team balanced. When there are 10 players (some of them are AFK) and 4 colors, some teams are at great disadvantage. There are always flags to capture and enemies to kill with 2 teams, "red team" vs "blue team" is classic and standard in many games. If other players also want to lower the required number of players for 3 and 4 colors, we'll do it.
    Note: on some servers these settings don't work yet; we'll update them tomorrow.
    It also seems to me that the differents maps was larger vs mixed mode. Why not have integrated the old maps in the mixed mode ?
    The map size is determined automatically based on the number of players in the previous round. Smaller maps work better for few players because there are more encounters between them and the game is more intense. Most players don't like huge empty maps. We had to change the maps size formulas because players can now travel between rooms in one round. We are still balancing them.
    And then, as I told you before we were a good band of friends and we took a real pleasure in finding ourselves on this map. Since the mixed mode has been set up, many players have deserted the game and it's really sad.
    Let's see about players in you list:
    @enchanteur @awe @_z_ played today
    @_Salty_ (I assume you meant him) played yesterday
    @CaptainKont played last time 2016-08, way before this update
    @boumtuesmort - there is no player with such name
    I'm sorry to hear that you can't find some of your friends in the game, but it doesn't seem like a reason of why teamplay must be accessed through the menu and not through a portal.
  • 3 colors are used if there were at least 15 players on average in the temaplay room in the last round and for 4 colors it needs 40 players. It's to make the number of players in each team balanced. When there are 10 players (some of them are AFK) and 4 colors, some teams are at great disadvantage. There are always flags to capture and enemies to kill with 2 teams, "red team" vs "blue team" is classic and standard in many games. If other players also want to lower the required number of players for 3 and 4 colors, we'll do it.
    Note: on some servers these settings don't work yet; we'll update them tomorrow.

It is precisely these rules that makes the team play not work as before.
  • eusebe wrote: »
    It is precisely these rules that makes the team play not work as before.
    Thank you for the feedback! Let's wait for the other players opinions. If most think the same way, we'll lower the requried number of players per team.
    Thanked by 1 ham
  • I like the way the teamplay room is right now. The only thing that might need a little tweaking is the size if the room and the amount of teams. Right now there are occasions where there are only red players in the room. With no blue people in the room there is no one to fight and no flags to capture. Having at least 3 teams reduces the chances of that happening. Also I've seen the room only have 5 flags today which seemed a bit on the low side.

Otherwise it's still the same old teamplay that I've enjoyed so far!
    Thanked by 1 ham
  • We've temporarily restored the separate teamplay rooms on EU and US server. They will be moved to the mixed room after the improvements (chat filter by room, remembering the last used room forever, penalties for crossing portals too often).

The minimum number of players required for more teams is also temporarily reduced: 9 for 3 teams, 16 for 4 teams. These are the minimum sane numbers, everything smaller leads to very unbalanced number of player in each team. We might increase these numbers after more players feedback.

Have a nice game!
  • Well, your selective reading is remarkable. There have been mentioned a lot more issues.

You're trying to revive a corpse.
  • 15 players in Team Play right now and two teams...
  • edited May 2017
    Well, your selective reading is remarkable. There have been mentioned a lot more issues.
    This is quite offensive. My reading is not selective. I've given detailed replies. All the significant points were considered and answered. For most of them I agreed and proposed good solutions that will be implemented soon. For the optimal number of teams and map size, I'm waiting for more players opinions, see the Poll thread. If you find anything important still unanswered, please, ask and I'll answer. We have the same goal - to make the game better.
    Personal attacks are uncalled for and it's not a good way to convince people.
    15 players in Team Play right now and two teams...
    Thank you! There is a bug with the number of teams. I'll fix it soon and restart the servers.
    For now, I've made 4 teams regardless of the number of players (as it was before) and waiting for more players feedback.
    Thanked by 1 Hagelslag
  • Again, talk to the players. Each and everyone of them dislikes the new system (even with the changes). No offense, but here you got a handful of mods that didn't even play it that often who say they like it. How does that make your opinion even more relevant than the opinions of all the regular players? It is just beyond my understanding why you're trying to push this while all the players are leaving.
  • edited May 2017
    Again, talk to the players.
    That's what we are doing right here.
    Each and everyone of them dislikes the new system (even with the changes).
    This a bold and incorrect statement. Not every player dislikes it even in this thread, you can scroll up and read it. No one can really like or dislike the system with the proposed changes because they are not implemented yet and no one has tried it (unless they argue for the sake of arguing).

For now, the teamplay is reverted to the way it was before (except for the map autosize, for which only one player has voiced an opinion so far and I'm waiting for more feedback). In fact, it's even improved: teamplay medals (for kills + flags), score for capturing flags and a chance of finding red chests were added. No one is "pushing" the changes that the majority of players don't like. Stop being so offensive, relax and have a nice game!
  • I have a question, why was there a need to change the starting number of bombs in teams to 1 bomb? I thought that 3 bombs was reasonable because since there are usually new players playing team play mode it would help them to start.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • kkfg* wrote: »
    I have a question, why was there a need to change the starting number of bombs in teams to 1 bomb? I thought that 3 bombs was reasonable because since there are usually new players playing team play mode it would help them to start.
    It was an unintentional change. Thank you for noticing! We'll revert it to 3 bombs.
    Thanked by 2 k****g Gally
  • Excuse_Me wrote: »
    kkfg* wrote: »
    I have a question, why was there a need to change the starting number of bombs in teams to 1 bomb? I thought that 3 bombs was reasonable because since there are usually new players playing team play mode it would help them to start.
    It was an unintentional change. Thank you for noticing! We'll revert it to 3 bombs.

Thank you :smile:
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Excuse_Me wrote: »
    penalties for crossing portals too often).

Have a nice game!

Wait, what...? I thought the idea was for it to be 1 big map (join by portals) there is no "escaping" into another "room" now because players can just follow if they really wish too. [maybe i am missing the point?]
  • Gally wrote: »
    Excuse_Me wrote: »
    penalties for crossing portals too often).
    Wait, what...? I thought the idea was for it to be 1 big map (join by portals) there is no "escaping" into another "room" now because players can just follow if they really wish too. [maybe i am missing the point?]
    Indeed, but on the other side they may end up in the same team and killing becomes impossible.

There will be no hard penalties, probably only taking away extra items picked up in teamplay, such as blue fire and shield. Some players go to the team room only to grab item and return. This will discourage items raids and encourage actually staying and playing in that room or not entering it.