Chaining~MMB

@server_down helped me with keyboard settings today

So chaining is pretty much easier now but i cant really turn

Any tips on how to turn and just tips on chaining in genral? Thx

To those who dont know about Keyboard Settings you have to find it in Control Panel.Then notch Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate all the way up to fast

Comments

• Gally did a video on how to turn whilst chaining, if you have any more questions after watching the video, let me know, hope it helps, have fun and keep on bombing :)
    Thanked by 3 Gally k****g banana_sama
  • edited May 2017
    Tsar's Chaining Musts for Beginners (ordered by importance)
    1. Unless you have godly reaction time, avoid using chain against players higher than rank 8 or skilled newbies. There are exceptions of course
    2. Use the key K over spacebar. It's hard to chain using spacebar, (its *insert profanity*) so get used to using k
    3. Go to your settings and make sure to decrease the time latency of your holding of the bomb button.
    4. Short chains - tap K rapidly in succession and move as fast as possible in zigzag fashion or around blocks
    5. Long chains - Start with two blocks together, hold k and continue moving, to turn release and hold again
    6. Learning to stop chains without dying is much more important than knowing how to chain for a long time.
    7. It's often helpful to launch the ending bomb of a long chain with a bat if available to improve survivability (watch @BosSnian_guy on RU/US/EU)
    8. Kickback chain is among the strongest killing moves in the game, basically chain after kicking a bomb back to a previously set bomb and speed up the start of the chain. One of my most practiced and used moves.

Personal Comment: I exclusively use short kickback chains out of all the types, mainly because I personally think the rest of methods are inefficient if you're not as good as the people in the S tier.

Best people at chaining

S Tier Chainers @THE_PONY @CriminalCrimson @pvvnyy @Duffy_ (manco on JP) (These players are very good at chain or use it as their main kill method)
    A Tier Chainers @pwnyy @BosSnian_guy @locoMagic @pwmyy (Good chainers to watch)
  • @MiniGelidusBoy Unless you have a perfect keyboard for chaining (can just hold down space or k the whole time, even when turning corners), the best way I can think to describe turning corners is starting a new chain every time you change your diagonal direction, if that makes sense.
    Thanked by 2 CrashMaxxXx Gally
  • How do you do that (7.) explained above?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Hippo12369 wrote: »
    How do you do that (7.) explained above?

Not sure if this is what he's talking about, but at the end of chains, I often throw a bomb at the end without even trying to. Just from holding down space during a long diagonal chain and releasing at the end will activate your bat.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • TsarBomba_ wrote: »
    Tsar's Chaining Musts for Beginners (ordered by importance)
    1. Kickback chain is among the strongest killing moves in the game, basically chain after kicking a bomb back to a previously set bomb and speed up the start of the chain. One of my most practiced and used moves.

Personal Comment: I exclusively use short kickback chains out of all the types, mainly because I personally think the rest of methods are inefficient if you're not as good as the people in the S tier.

Video showing kickback technique -
  • edited May 2017
    If you want to turn while chaining (i'm talking about endless chains in ANY directions (--> around corners), i'm NOT talking about endless chains in only ONE direction like the follows: ⇖, ⇗, ⇘ and ⇙) you have to keep a look on your ping. Turning while chaining isn't possible for example if you have 4 skates and and ping of 0 (you are literally to slow - the chain is faster :D). Try to figure out the best combinations (;

But still the most important thing is timing and your own experience, as @TsarBomba_ already mentioned.

If it would be possible to chain with grey bombs using the pacifism perk would be the perfect training perk for this :'D But i think it's better that it isn't possible ;P
  • 0x42 wrote: »
    Turning while chaining isn't possible for example if you have 4 skates and and ping of 0 (you are literally to slow - the chain is faster :D). Try to figure out the best combinations (;

I have a "formula" for how many skates work best with certain pings. Maybe it is better if people figure it out for themselves though. : p
  • You can (of course) practice "easy chaining turning" by getting nyan disease and then dropping a bomb wait for the correct time to start moving to initiate the chain. Then just practice your "turning" as the disease will do all the bomb dropping for you.
  • Gally wrote: »
    You can (of course) practice "easy chaining turning" by getting nyan disease and then dropping a bomb wait for the correct time to start moving to initiate the chain. Then just practice your "turning" as the disease will do all the bomb dropping for you.

Good idea, but it requires a ping of about 200 or more i think, because with nyan disease you are faster than 4 skates ;D
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally
  • edited May 2017
    @PhonyTheChainer is another one of the all time best chainers in my opinion. Possibly an "S Tier" chainer? Few use the technique as often and effectively.

Edit: @0x42 is also very good at chaining!
    Thanked by 4 ham CrashMaxxXx Gally 0x42
  • 10 months later