Mod Review

Hi. This is an honest review of the moderators in this game, from what I've observed and experienced. Do not take this as a personal attack on anyone, it's meant to be constructive criticism. I will list both positive and negative attributes for each one that I know well enough, and also try to be 100% unbiased.

I have played this game since 2014, so I know how a lot of players act on this game. Keep in mind, how people act on a game is different from in real life. People who troll in games have no correlation to being criminals in real life. Same goes for mods. Not everyone is the type of person who makes a good mod. I'm sure they're all nice people in real life though. I personally like to push boundaries and say crazy things just to get a reaction from people. However, I do not initiate harmful attacks on others. I do not believe I have ever done anything truly "bad" on this game. That said, here's my review:
US Mods:

Omegaknight- Either always on, or never online. There is no in-between. Mutes people freely. Makes up rules as he goes along. There isn't much of a "gray area". Very supportive of the game though. Grade: D-

mashy- Fairly active on the game. Never mutes anyone. No matter what. Very friendly and nice on the game. Grade: D

HASHARAHHA14- Not very active. Very fair when muting someone most of the time. Very good guy on the game. Grade: B+

server_down- Very active. Seems fair on muting. Very reasonable. Grade: A+

BR:

KCG_Ryuzero, Sherlock_Holmes- I'm from Detroit, Michigan. So it only makes sense for me to play on either US or RU servers 99% of the time. Therefore, I don't know these guys well enough to give an accurate assessment.

AU/Asia:

Gally- Active on the game. Will often mute freely without warning. Usually there is a legit reason, sometimes there isn't. Has done a lot of work for the game. Grade: C-

a$$holekid*, 66go, satensan, Hippo12369- They are all either inactive, or I never see them in potential moderation situations.

EU:

Perfo, Hagelslag, bombermina, Hamsterdam, youonlydieonce- I don't go to EU often, because RU has more players. Perfo seems like a decent enough mod from limited encounters. The rest of them are all either inactive, or I never see them in potential moderation situations.

RU:

Lapsha- Rarely ever on. Therefore I cannot really say much about them.

vgykis- Not very active, and I don't know much about him.

CyJey- Was rarely ever on, until recently. I need more time to evaluate him.

Lilu- Very active on the game. Mutes freely with no warning. Otherwise, very nice and friendly player. Grade: D

_Marihuana_- Very active. Sometimes mutes freely with no warning. Besides that, nice and friendly. Grade: C-

In conclusion, this is the attributes that I think makes a good moderator:

-Fairly active on the game.
-Treats every player equally, even if they have a "history".
-More interested in helping players than punishing them.
-Friendly in chat most of the time.
-Has good judgement in applying the necessary punishments when someone breaks the rules.

I think only the most blatant and obvious offenses should be punished. If anyone feels offended, they can always click "ignore" on that person, or simply choose to not care about what they're saying. And there should always be a warning before a mute, no matter what (except very extreme cases). All that muting and banning people for long periods of time does is make them come back with different identities, more difficult to track, most of the time.

Thank you for reading, and I hope we can all learn from this and have a civilized discussion. I will now go back to acting immature on the game. Cya there!
Thanked by 2 banana_sama Hagelslag

Comments

• edited August 2018
    well said @_slim_shady ;)
    u wrote what being a mod should be and u mentioned ur personal experiences with the mods. and i agree with most of them!

@server_down really is the best mod i ever met.
    @Gally should be A (or B.) bcoz i never saw him being unfair, and he helps everybody.
    even tho i have problems with @_Marihuana_ i think he should be B. he is fair and helpful. (or at least with his friends)
    @Lilu is the worst mod. seriously the WORST! she mute without warning, she is a real hater. i have no good words for her. i dont understand why u think she is friendly and nice..
  • I'll just say that I know things that the majority of players don't know. ;)
  • edited August 2018
    _slim_shady you were not very friendly when we talked.
    > RUH 2018-08-15 10:15 @CyJey I didn't say anything. @~guest56368 is talking.
    it seemed to me that you want to communicate with someone only when you want it.
  • I'm not a mod, so I don't have to be friendly. And thanks for reading my chat logs. Lots of valuable information there ~

I say crazy stuff for educational purposes. :D
  • Friendliness is made up of personal likes . But if you yourself do not show friendliness, then your terms of friendliness of mods not understandable.
  • Anyway, if anyone can't take constructive criticism, that's their problem, not mine.
  • troll radar beginning to tick....
    This topic may have been more appropriate for Dump.
    Also curious what prompted this post.
    Cheers
    Thanked by 2 ham BIERBAUCH
  • Honestly, I'm just bored. We need drama to stir things up and get the forums active. Nobody cares about nice 100% positive posts on this forum. lol

And I haven't gotten into "trouble" on this game in a long time. I feel that this isn't really trolling. If it was trolling, I'd say something more like "ALL MODS ARE TRASH" instead of a constructive, detailed analysis.
  • I see what you're trying to say. The problem is that this game can't really have a perfect system.

The two choices:
    1) Don't moderate chat and let toxic behavior flourish.
    or
    2) Moderate toxic behavior, causing people to come back on different accounts more toxic than before. Mods eventually get sick of it and give up trying to stop it.

There's no way to really solve the problem, but adding to it certainly doesn't help either. You can't put up a pay wall on accounts because that would kill the game.

I guess the best we can do is try to be nice to everyone and treat them like human beings in chat, including those with toxic behavior. Try not to let them trigger you, treat them better than they treat you.
  • Tu as entendu ca @server_down ?? Meilleur modo du jeu ? Décidement rien ne va plus, et c'est pas le chaton qui va dire le contraire haha
    Thanked by 1 server_down
  • Well, this is getting boring now. Just know, I only try to be funny in the game. I'm not one of the people causing problems for others.
  • A lone cricket chirps in the distance, its cadence growing slower by the minute. Summer is nearly passed and the cooler winds of autumn announce their presence. Slim gathers his bomb pack, shifting back into position. He readies himself for his new role, one he never imagined, one he hoped he'd never have to take up. It was all new for him again.
  • 1 year later
  • edited September 2019
    My evaluation for @_Marihuana_ is F-.