The First Ever GoB Tournament? (Pluto Prizes) ❓❗

edited May 2018 in The Game
Hey guys, I'm thinking of making a GoB tournament, using the arena in my room on US server. If enough people are interested, we can try it! Not sure what the best way to do it would be. I'm thinking each matchup should be best of 3 arena matches. I would give pluto prizes to all participants, plus a Grand Prize to the winner. I think you need at least Rank 6 to enter an arena.

Potential Rules: (subject to change, as I'm still open to suggests from other players at this point)

- 1 vs. 1 arena
- no perks
- 3 bomb minumum/8 bomb maximum
- 1 min./4 max. skates
- 1 min/6 max. flames
- 1 min/4 max. bats
- The bracket rankings would be based on total score all time in the game. (High seed vs. low seed in first round)
- I'm thinking of doing a double elimination style tournament.
- The arena will be last player standing. (No trophy or goal on the map).
- I want to make an arena very similar to the Bomberman games, but still like GoB maps, if that makes sense. (Note: I'll probably make the arena smaller than the 32x32 map size shown in the image)
- I want to record all of the matches. So each one needs to be at a time when the participant(s) and myself are all available (we'll need to agree on a time for each one). It will probably take more than a few days to complete all of the matches.

Jv1s4u4.png
rNDvjg9.png

Grand Prize: 300 pluto
2nd: 150 pluto
3rd: 50 pluto
All other participants: 30 pluto

You must stay in the tournament until the end to receive your prize.

Please remember to be positive and respectful, no matter the outcome. :)

Also, anyone rank 6 or higher may join. You don't always have to be the most "pro" player to win arenas. So give it a try. Plus you will get free pluto for participating. There's nothing to lose!

Also, if the Developers were planning on making a tournament, go ahead and do that instead. Or if you want to assist me in this one (like with the arena map, prizes, etc.), that would be nice too.

I'd like to see at least 8 players join to make this possible. 16 players would be awesome. "Thank" this post, leave a message, or inbox me if you're interested in joining. I'll give this until next Sunday (May 27) to decide what to do next.

Comments

• i always knew u gave us more than the devs did. and its not the 1st time when u do something like this. u must really love this game. u even spend ur own money to make things happen. it will cost u 1000 pluto which is $50. i really appreciate ur hard work! but pls dont spend money on this game. if the devs dont care about us, then pls dont feed them. they dont deserve ur money and ur effort.
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Artemious
  • thanks for the effort @pwnyy I like the idea
    The point of the BBM reunion was basically just to have a round with all old school players
    Just to see the old faces and play altogether
    Even if different, I like your idea and would be happy to be part of it (if work and timezone allow me too ;) )
    Anyhow best of luck!
  • I thought about it more, and I honestly don't know if I would have time to make it work right now. xD It would probably take a while to get people's schedules to line up for each match. It would be cool to see the devs make something like this or the Bombermine reunion happen though. Maybe later this year I could try it if we have enough players. hehe
  • How about adding a 'most kill win' type of tournament too. With rules like no perks, no suicide, player kills only, cant use monsters room for items etc. each round you can have someone going up against each other. Two rounds each, the person with the most overall kill goes through. the person who loses go to the losers bracket for another chance.
  • i hope to participate. hopefully i will be here to play in it
    Thanked by 1 banana_sama