A Beginner's Room ❓❗ ♫

edited September 2017 in The Game
I think we need a server for new players. But set it up so that it can't be easily exploited, of course. I think almost all of the new people coming to the game get slaughtered for a round on hardcore, then leave. I watched some of them. It's way too difficult for someone playing for the first time. Send every new account to this room until they reach a certain rank. It won't be any loss to the main servers, because most new people aren't staying very long. Future gains in players could be more than worth it.

I think we should discuss ideas of how to create a server/room for new players, with only new players and not pros seeking easy kills. "Fake" accounts need to be filtered out somehow. People need time to get used to game mechanics, etc. without getting slaughtered every 2 seconds.

Edit- New players: if the normal room is difficult, I recommend trying the teamplay room to get used to the game. It's a little easier. : )

Comments

• I mentioned elsewhere that new accounts should only be able to play in tutorial, team play, monster room, and I would say a room for only new players and guests. Guests only really want to be annoying to advanced players so I think this would be an incentive for them use a registered account.

And if anyone says some crap about they don't want to be known, how about make an anonymous switch for everyone's account. Basically changes their name to something generic with a number like "Anon1" "Anon2" Anon3"... Automatically makes their skin like a bomberman, but leaves whatever rank they were before. The cannot use chat while this is active, but at least most people don't know who they are, unless of course Gally does it. Because well he the only 5 star.
    Thanked by 3 0x42 pwnyy Gally
  • As i mentioned in another thread there is already an "Easy" room, but it looks like it can only be accessed on RU. So the first step should be making an "Easy" room on all game servers! And if a new player register an account and want to join the "Hardcore" room he will automatically assigned to the "Easy" room based on his rank. But i think there should be the possibility to join the real "Hardcore" room too, maybe a setting in the "Settings" tab. Maybe something like this: There is a setting "Show all rankbased rooms". It's off by default so when you connect to any "Hardcore" room you will be automatically assigned to the correct room based on your rank. Than the players are able to switch the setting on and now they see both rooms when they klick on "PLAY". For all players over a certain rank it shall not be possible to enter the "Easy" room, like it' already implemented on RU (if you are above that certain rank and try to join there you will automatically be transfered to the normal room)
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally
  • Yeah, the hard part is figuring out a way so that someone experienced can't just make a new account or play as guest to go into the Easy room and get easy kills against new players. Or maybe it isn't as big of a deal as I think it is if some experienced players sneak in?
    Thanked by 3 0x42 HASHARAHHA14 Gally
  • well if experienced players sneak in... its kind of the same problem (its always been a problem), the game should really really recommend team-play to new accounts (and start new accounts with the tuturial)
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally
  • They need a time limit for creating new accounts to enter the hardcore room. And guest accounts should only be able to stay in monster and tutorial rooms.
    Thanked by 4 0x42 pwnyy ham Gally
  • monster room is hardcore! even worse than the real hardcore. and do u know why monster room is really sucks? i saw a player keep arguing with monsters and told all kind of shit to them bcoz they always kill this person even tho he/she had rank 9. but those bitch monsters are way too aggressive and they always suicide. after this person died 16 times in the fist 5 min, he/she left the game. and new players dont know whats the different between monsters and real players. im really against the monster rooms. they are the worst thing what happened in this game.
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally
  • Nevada wrote: »
    monster room is hardcore! even worse than the real hardcore. and do u know why monster room is really sucks? i saw a player keep arguing with monsters and told all kind of shit to them bcoz they always kill this person even tho he/she had rank 9. but those bitch monsters are way too aggressive and they always suicide. after this person died 16 times in the fist 5 min, he/she left the game. and new players dont know whats the different between monsters and real players. im really against the monster rooms. they are the worst thing what happened in this game.

Green slime and then with the other one with the laser....

of course "rooms" are now connected by portals.

But as has been mentioned there is already an "easy" room RUE. The problem for US players will be the lag will higher for them than on US server.
  • The problem is that most people outside of Russia don't know how to access the RU Easy server. The only way to access it (for normal players) is through a certain registration method.

I think the biggest obstacle for new players is the huge difference in skill level starting out. It's basically new players with no perks up against ruthless pros with 2-4 perks a lot of the time.

I think a separate room for new players would solve this, because most people aren't willing to put months into a game that they're dying like 20 times a round in, just to be good enough to compete. This is probably the most hardcore browser game I've ever played, so please help the new players out a little. : )
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I think other issue is new player come in no name and then killed by expert player with same no one. quit after.
    Thanked by 1 Jimmy_Scissors