Suiciding the cocky auto shielders?

I find a lot of players use auto shield generator, and/or they have friends help them score goal, then they spend most of the round looking like the boy in the plastic bubble. Especially when those players are very cocky, they begin to resemble bomber men and women wrapped in latex barriers. Under these circumstances, it seems to be fair policy to suicide them to take the shield, and then come back and kill them as soon as you respawn.

People of reasonable minds may agree to disagree.

Comments

• Eh, someone in a shield isn't an issue.
    I'd agree that teaming up for special items like goals/shields and plutonium is sort of annoying, but it is what it is.
    To me, the truly bothersome behavior is those that use the shield as a way to suicide bomb without being penalized.
    A while back they introduced the mechanic whereby a blue bomb is taken every time you lose a shield.
    OK, that's something.
    But now there's rarely even a chance to get blue bombs, so how is that any discouragement against shield suicides?
    IT'S NOT.

Once again, gameplay is unbalanced in favor of those using perks.
    Thanked by 1 server_down
  • I wholeheartedly concur with your conclusion.
  • 2 months later
  • Regarding the suiciders, how about make the player dizzy when losing a shield, just like when we are bombed on flag/monster rooms?

I think this would make users take more care with the shield and add a little more balance against the suiciders.