Very annoying players

Already the game is very hard if you join in middle without powers, some players purposely keep killing as soon as re-spawn. I do not know what kind of happiness they get killing low powered players (without push power) they keep doing that which is very very annoying to players till they stop playing. Lets assume this is part of game so when people try to play on few players server, even there they come to kill the players! and these players are like basic ranked and highly skilled which obviously means they are fake accounts. I would kindly like to request the management to encourage a system to let players play along with other players. I understand the competition of killing each other, but it might seems cool to kill another player (who don't want to kill you), but it is very really really really annoying for the other player.

I was afraid to ask this issue because I might expect answers like, don't play, there's nothing to do, we cant control players, but i'm still asking with hope that if its gonna be annoying all the time, then I really might not play anymore. It might mean nothing to you guys if one player leaves, more will join, so all the best for the game.

I really love this game fyi and thanks a lot to some encouraging players (gally, amazonka, blitzking etc) and appreciate their help for me to reach till Rank 10.

Comments

• edited August 2017
    They currently have a squad upgrade in testing on the development server, and its already in ID. Right now being in a squad means you get no points for killing your friends, squads were already a thing before this... but the main problem sometimes with squads would be the slower start with items ( squads will be way better after the update :D) I know it's easy to die when you join in the middle of a round, but you really just need to avoid people (and the armor is usually enough to make sure you don't instantly die, and the grey bombs can extend your armor in a way) also when you die a whole bunch of a times in a row, very quickly your usually not losing many if any items at all.... so if your dying constantly you will eventually get enough items to stop it ( I've done a few rounds where I would purposefully die like every 10 seconds, and I would eventually get full items).

There's also been a change to kick ( so now its a 50/50 when you die to keep it, so the average defense after your death has gone up ). Some guest are actually pretty experienced players, so you can't really think of them as rookies when you see them play (I would say assume every guest is a star player, even though they may not be.... it'll keep you from getting cheaply killed by a maneuver a new player would not even know how to do)

The game can be the rich get rich, and the poor get poorer sometimes. But really as your abilities go up; you unlock more combos. and there is more potential for you to mess up (doing chains, and other tricks... can be easily interfered with) but when you have no items, what you can do is limited, but that doesn't mean you can't break up someones chain by placing a bomb in the right spot, or block someone off as they fast explosion to you. so really to keep from getting spawn killed all you have to do is not underestimate guest, and predict what the players with more items will do... and avoid spaces you can be easily trapped in, while at the same time avoiding spaces to open that someone with a high explosion range could use to kill you while you don't have enough skates to react properly (chaining, connecting bombs from a distance)

I would say generally avoid battles when you have no items (unless you have kick and a speed.... feels good to beat someone with full items, when you have nothing :p). I do think that's one of the things I like about this game, you get to a point where you become very OP and can kill a lot of people very quickly... but if you make one little mistake, you get punished for it.

and you don't need to do too much to predict what a player might do
    example: someone is facing upward to a brick, they place a bomb and wait. they are down 8 left 9 tiles away, you saw there range was at 5, and you know that if they chained from that direction you would be caught in it... they may not be planning to chain, but its either gonna be them connecting bombs (so you just need to move to a spot it won't connect, then dodge when if they are able to connect the bombs around the bricks) or they are batting bombs (some can throw it at just the right time, for you to not be able to react... but if you anticipate it.. your good to go :D) or they are chaining... now you could just dodge this, or if you don't want to give them a chance to chain around blocks and kill you. You could just place bombs in front of the path they will need to chain to (which cuts them off, or if they aren't paying attention... kills them)

always remember, you can never get spawned killed if you start at the beginning of the round, and if you do... its because you died. and you need to improve, unless you don't care about deaths (I feel like a learn a lot from my deaths xD - when I'm serious... I kinda just roll my eyes a little when I'm talking and someone surrounds me in bombs.... but I do have the option to use a house, so its my fault, I just don't like losing fun levels :p)

Edit: also sometimes to counter somebodies play, you may need to make yourself vulnerable (if you play it safe 100% of the time, a situation where you get trapped can be a full loss, because you can predict players to a certain point... but its pretty hard to remember every single players exact flame distance, or whether or not they have kick, I sometimes find myself dying because I remembered a player had a certain amount of flame, but they picked up one off screen and I missed it.... you can't keep track of everything :p so in some situations then you have you take a gamble, and when you do that, you either win :D ..... or you lose - gob even has gambling O: best game ever :p)
  • Well, it's a PvP game, killing others is its main goal. As long as a full PvP is allowed, there will always be players who kill mercilessly and prey on the weak. It's a feature of PvP games in general. It's impossible and unreasonable to demand from players to not kill.

What you probably need is a cooperative mode where players can't kill each others and fight with monsters/environment (because if they can kill each other, someone certainly will do it). There is a monsters room exactly for that purpose. Yeah, it hasn't been updated in a long time and is a bit boring. More different monsters are needed.

There is also a plan for cooperative arenas, where everyone fights for the same goal against monsters/environment/time and win or lose together. I can't say when it'll be implemented.
  • .... so if your dying constantly you will eventually get enough items to stop it ( I've done a few rounds where I would purposefully die like every 10 seconds, and I would eventually get full items).
    you should make a video of this :)
    Thanked by 1 HASHARAHHA14
  • Excuse_Me wrote: »
    There is also a plan for cooperative arenas, where everyone fights for the same goal against monsters/environment/time and win or lose together. I can't say when it'll be implemented.
    And there are currently team arenas (the arena's with the red/blue starting spots). Where you and your team try to defeat the other team.
    Thanked by 1 see_ya
  • If players are hunting you too often after spawn, just run to this monster area. They cannot kill you as easily there, and more likely wouldn't follow.
    Thanked by 3 see_ya KCG_Ryuzero Gally
  • Gally wrote: »
    .... so if your dying constantly you will eventually get enough items to stop it ( I've done a few rounds where I would purposefully die like every 10 seconds, and I would eventually get full items).
    you should make a video of this :)

good idea :p
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • LazyABB wrote: »
    If players are hunting you too often after spawn, just run to this monster area. They cannot kill you as easily there, and more likely wouldn't follow.
    Worst advice ever: telling noob to go to the monster area to avoid kills :/
    Even if the noob is being spawn killed over and over in the main room, after regenerating a few times the noob should not be near the spawn killer and should be in better shape than the noob would be in the monster room.
    Plus you could kill 1000 monsters (orbs or slimes) per round, and you still would not end up on the Leaderboard. Killing monsters is a complete waste of time. You are better off killing just bots in the main room, and killing bots does put you on the leader board.
    Thanked by 1 banana_sama
  • @OttoWarmbier it is only temporary to collect enough items to fight back. I run there sometimes if it's late game and I need to collect stuff without worry of death. Then I run back to fight. Slimes, tanks, and balls are pretty easy to avoid when collecting items and running back. Takes less than 20 seconds usually, and 99% chance to live especially with high level players and fake guests running a muck.
    @OttoWarmbier it is only temporary to collect enough items to fight back. I run there sometimes if it's late game and I need to collect stuff without worry of death. Then I run back to fight. Slimes, tanks, and balls are pretty easy to avoid when collecting items and running back. Takes less than 20 seconds usually, and 99% chance to live especially with high level players and fake guests running a muck.

*amok
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok
  • edited August 2017
    if you want to be douché about it how about use the dictionary rather than the unreliable Wiki.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/amuck
    if you want to be douché about it how about use the dictionary rather than the unreliable Wiki.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/amuck

did you just put the ' accent mark on douche?? #LordOfTheDouche
    Thanked by 1 Skank