An Idea for Chat

I think there should be a way to tell when someone is muted. If you don't notice when they get muted, or if their mute lasts a long time, there's no way to easily tell that they can't talk to you. So it looks like they're just ignoring you when you try to talk to them. Maybe put an icon or something next to their name that lets you know they're muted? Something like this maybe: 3msxbtllzf7k.png

Comments

• edited August 2017
    It would be useful sometimes, but the less attention trolls receive, the better. Such an icon will lead to some questions and more discussions of mutes and trolls in the chat. Also the scoreboard is already somewhat overloaded with information.

Instead, I'll add in the next version a chat command /isMuted @nickname, available to all players. The server will reply whether a player is muted. Advanced players will know and use it when they need, and it won't bother the others.
  • That's a good idea, thanks!
    Thanked by 2 CrashMaxxXx Gally
  • Skank wrote: »
    Excuse_Me wrote: »
    It would be useful sometimes, but the less attention trolls receive, the better. Such an icon will lead to some questions and more discussions of mutes and trolls in the chat. Also the scoreboard is already somewhat overloaded with information.

Instead, I'll add in the next version a chat command /isMuted @nickname, available to all players. The server will reply whether a player is muted. Advanced players will know and use it when they need, and it won't bother the others.
    Why not just type the command /isMuted and it would list all muted players in the current round? Server: OttoWarmbier is Muted, SwordCopyHand is muted, x is muted, and so on.

WHY NOT JUST MESSAGE whoever you need the info on?? or if ur fb friends, fb message them...
  • Skank wrote: »
    Skank wrote: »
    Excuse_Me wrote: »

Why not just type the command /isMuted and it would list all muted players in the current round? Server: OttoWarmbier is Muted, SwordCopyHand is muted, x is muted, and so on.

WHY NOT JUST MESSAGE whoever you need the info on?? or if ur fb friends, fb message them...

I was just using your name as reference. I tested the command prompt on you because you're usually always muted.

Its not really a big deal. But yesterday you didn't know how to use the command prompt. You were asking me if I was muted and you said the command prompt did not work. Then a minute or so later you realized it worked and confirmed I was muted.

So I am referring to chat box comment yesterday. When you could have easily just messaged me for the same info. But in reference to your forum comment today, I understand you were just referencing as an example :)
  • Those who get muted should have no rights!