All players with rank 6 and higher are invited to the DEV server for an open test the new squads features. If you are rank 6 and don't see the DEV server in the list, refresh the page. Stats on DEV are temporarily enabled.
1. Only players who have completed registration can now enter squads.
2. When your inventory is full, you can pick up bombs, power, bats, rollers and kick for your squads members (a squad symbol is displayed on such items). It works only when there is alive player who has free space for these items and both players are not on an arena. If there are several players who can receive items, the one who has the most free space will be selected (e.g. if one can take 3 more bombs, and the other 1 more bomb, then the next bomb will go the former). This will give advantage to those who play in squads (especially to weak players teaming up with strong players).
3. No one can join a squad without a leader's permission. You don't have to ever kick unwanted members; they'll simply not join. When someone tries joins a squad, the leader receives a notification at the corner of the screen. The leader can accept or reject it with one click without opening the squads tab (it's also possible on the squads panel).
4. When accepting/rejecting join requests, it's possible to remember the answer. Players added to a blacklist won't be able to send join requests to you. Players added to a whitelist will be able to always join your squad without asking permission. You can remove players from these lists in the squads settings in the profile (adding to these lists is only possible during a round when someone asks to join).
5. To prevent notifications abuse, there is a cooldown: if you requested to join and haven't received an answer yet, you can't request to join another squad for 60 seconds. But if the leader rejects your request, you can try to join another squad immediately.
6. Squads can be named. The leader can click on a pen icon next to the squad name, edit it and press Enter. You can also enter a default name for your squad in Settings (it'll be used when you create a new squad, but not when you become a leader of an existing squad).
Be warned: for payers who enter insulting names or profanity, this feature will be permanently disabled, and you won't be able to edit squad names. It'll also be disabled forever if your nickname gets censored.
7. The new perk "+1 to squad size" allows one person above the nomal squad size limit to join. It's possible to join either if an existing player has this perk or if a player who tries to join has it. Each squad member with this perk allows an additional player to join, so the maximum squad size is potentially unlimited (we'll limit it if it's unbalanced).
As before, the maximum squad size without using this per is 4. For the purpose of the test, it's reduced to 2 on DEV (the perk is infinite on DEV for everyone).
This perk is considered used (and removed from a player) only when it's actually required to allow someone to join. If you have this perk, but don't enter squads or your squad never gets over the limit, it's not used up. If 2 players have this perk, but their squad during the round only ever reaches size 5 (1 more than the limit), then only one of 2 perks will be used up.
8. Everyone who played in squads knows how sometimes one player repeatedly kill squad members spawning near each other. Fear no more! Now if you're in a squad, you have a second respawn button that allows you to respawn away from you squad members. Note: this button simply respawns you as if you're not in the squad, but it might still respawn you near your squad by chance (specially on dense packed maps).
9. If you press Q (observe map), the arrows will show you approximate directions and distances to the other squad members. The arrows don't show up for members that are not playing or too far away.
10. To those who prefer always play in squads (there are probably will be more such players after this update), there are 2 new settings:
- Automatically join a squad if its leader whitelisted you and you haven't blacklisted its leader.
- Automatically create a squad if you haven't joined another squad.
11. Bugs and strange interactions between squads, teams and arenas are fixed (hopefully). When any of the squad members enters the teamplay room, the sqad gets assigned a team. All the members are automatically moved to this team, if they are in the teamplay room.
To access the squad settings, go to "Settings" menu, then click on the "Squad" tab.
Some changes not related to squads:
- new frame for portals that has the same external dimensions, but more space inside visible;
- blasts (in particular, from orbs) become harmless when they pass through the portal;
- server messages about arena matches are now visible only to those who entered arena.