Weird freeze while in game.

So since the last update I am having issues with Chrome and GoB. While playing the whole game freezes and it shows it is waiting for a packet from the game. Other users have been having this issue as well. I am using the 64bit Chrome version. I don't believe it is an issue on my end since I can tab to other pages while it is in a frozen state and everything is ok. 64bit Firefox on Linux also has this issue and it is on a different network.

Comments

• Firefox is not as bad as it only has 1-3 second freeze however Chrome is 7-10 seconds.
  • Same on Chrome for me. Happens every 5-10 minutes and freezes for a solid 10 seconds.
  • edited June 2017
    Since what date did it start happening?

Does it happen on any server other than US?

Are there error messages in the console at the time when it happens? (you can open the console by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+i)
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • No error messages pop up. And it's not my connection, as far as a I can tell, since I am able to use any other site normally without big freezes. Recently I switched to Verizon Fios, so I am not sure if the server has problem with them normally.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited June 2017
    @LazyABB can you please answer these questions, they might help:
    - since what date did it start happening?
    - on what server(s) does it happen?
    - do all the other players experience freeze at the same time?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • -It started the first time I was on the new mixed maps. Happens normally once or twice per game on average.
    -I only play US right now, I could try to see if it happens on other servers.
    -And other players as far as I know don't freeze, or at least don't mention it. Usually I am dead by the time the freeze ends.
  • Additionally I was testing, my laptop it freezes as well, which runs windows 10, however my wifes laptop uses windows 8 and didn't freeze. Hers just was a bit laggy, usually spiking to 300 occasionally. My desktop uses windows 7.
  • edited June 2017
    I've added some logging that might help understand the issue.
    To everyone
    If the game freezes, please, wait until it unfreezes, open the console (CTRL+SHIFT+i), scroll it down to the bottom, copy the last few pages and send it to my Inbox.
    Thanked by 1 ham
  • I have many of these logs and have isolated the module causing it.