Mixed RU

edited May 2017 in The Game
RU is now mixed. At first I didn't like the idea...but after some rounds, why not.

I'm not writing to say "booo this new thing is shit" (as other threads).
I start this thread because the rounds are ruined by a very bad tuning: Game of Bombs becames Games of Walls. Walls, walls, walls, ... walls everywhere everytime.
I thought that the fact that EU already had it, would have improved the settings.
h43ru4fsv1hc.png

I don't know if it is because the map is too small, or the fields are regenerating too fast (or both), but the map is full of walls.
During "new" rounds, we can do nothing but break walls...
And it seems to me that the probability to find an item in the main room is very low.
The rooms "bots" and "flags" are better balanced, number of walls and probability of items per broken wall.
Going to another room (bots/flags) gives us many shields/blue fire bombs/jetpack.
This is not fair when we spawn far away from a gate.

There is so many walls we can't do anything (just die) when we are close to someone we want to avoid...
Also, the path to a goal (or pluto when it appears, or anything else in fact) is endlessly full of walls!

New things are good, but removing old good things was not necessary.
This is the first time I almost regret my donations. I won't do anymore if it stays bad tuned like this.
Thanked by 2 Hagelslag Gally
cap.png 640.1K

Comments

• Thank you a lot for the good explanation!

The formula for estimating automatic map size has changed (because now players are separated in different planes) and it needs some tweaking. It seems it makes maps too big. We'll decrease the map size to make players density higher.

The chances of getting blue bombs, chests, etc. are the same in PvP and PvM. It's easier to get them in teamplay from special structes.
  • nice one syme! i would like to add something to this thread: There are WAY TOO MUCH concrete cubes which make the whole beginning of the game almost impossible to move on since they need 9 hits to break. and 1 more thing: its happened a lots of times: when i died i respawned or idk whats that word at the same place and i got killed by the same person. then i respawned again JUST a few steps away and AGAIN got killed by the same person. i think if someone die he/she should begin the game at the other side of the map and not at the same place where he/she already got killed 14 times in a row.

oh and 1 more thing. i noticed if i die i lose lots of power ups. not just half of them. i lose almost everything. and also if i get killed again i lose even more! long ago it was a "rule" to help weaklings: if u die u lose half of ur power ups and if u die again within 1 min u dont lose anything! but now it goes like this: if u die u lose 80%of ur power ups and ur KICK ALWAYS MUST gone. and if u die again: too bad u have to play without any power ups just to die again and again without getting anything.

1 more thing i must mention lol :D
    long ago when i scored a goal i got full power ups. now i barely get anything. why is that?
    Thanked by 2 Gally syme
  • edited June 2017
    Nevada wrote: »
    There are WAY TOO MUCH concrete cubes
    There is a small chance to have a map with "walls" or "roads" of concrete, bushes, etc. Such maps are indeed slower or faster to start. It makes rounds different. Most maps are normal and have roughly 25% concrete blocks, the same as since the beginning of the game.
    oh and 1 more thing. i noticed if i die i lose lots of power ups. not just half of them. i lose almost everything. and also if i get killed again i lose even more! long ago it was a "rule" to help weaklings: if u die u lose half of ur power ups and if u die again within 1 min u dont lose anything! but now it goes like this: if u die u lose 80%of ur power ups and ur KICK ALWAYS MUST gone.
    This rule hasn't been changed for a long time. I've just checked: it works as always. Altrough, it's more complex than described above and protection time is less than a minute. The maximum chance to lose a kick is 50%.
    long ago when i scored a goal i got full power ups. now i barely get anything. why is that?
    This also hasn't been changed in a long time and the balls never gave full powerups, even a nuclear ball. A normal ball gives this: 100 money, 5 bombs, 2 power, 1 scate, 1 kick, 1 shield.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited June 2017
    @Nevada @Excuse_Me I think Nevada's thought comes from the fact that fields are regenerating too fast/too often.

I often see fields being regenerated only a few seconds (or even immediately!) after breaking the last wall...but with all the concrete still there.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • It's been like this for a while now, but I'm pretty sure you always lose kick powerup when you die. (Unless you spawn, pick one up, then die within like 30 seconds.)
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited June 2017
    No, clearly, I even said "you're a witness" to @LilKat yesterday (or before).
    No time to break some walls then go back from where we came...it's already regenerated whereas nearly nothing was broken...

I'm sure there is not far less "meadows" than before. I can't believe this is just a feeling.
  • Indeed, fields were scheduled to regenerate after receiving little damage (they required more substantial damage before). This feature was added because on strange maps (such as in personal rooms) the old method didn't regenerate some areas. In the current version (which is uploaded to RU today), this feature is disabled for PvP, PvM and teamplay room.
    Thanked by 1 Gally