DEV server bugs

edited April 2017 in Technical
As excuse_me said, some bugs are inevitable in DEV server, so we could use this discussion to post the bugs that we found.

I was playing recently in the default room, then i enter into weverton's room, i left it but when i saw the name written in the portal it says that it was 0x42's room, i passed the same portal again and i didn't enter in weverton's room, it was 0x42's :|
Thanked by 1 Gally

Comments

• Maybe 0x42 killed Weverton and took his room? Which would be sad because I like Weverton.
    Thanked by 1 MaximusDj
  • A possible bug: The blocks don't always regenerate during a round in personal rooms. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
    Thanked by 2 Gally MaximusDj
  • I was playing recently in the default room, then i enter into weverton's room, i left it but when i saw the name written in the portal it says that it was 0x42's room, i passed the same portal again and i didn't enter in weverton's room, it was 0x42's
    Thank you! I haven't found or encountered this bug yet, but will be looking into it.
    pwnyy wrote: »
    A possible bug: The blocks don't always regenerate during a round in personal rooms. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
    They regenerate only when a certain amount of blocks in the region is destroyed by bombs. This doesn't always work well with custom maps. We've added a more aggressive regeneration shceduling, hopefully it'll help.
    Thanked by 3 pwnyy Gally MaximusDj
  • I've noticed that sometimes bots walks in a few blocks in zigzag, when two bots are together, they 'hit' themselves.

I was playing a few days ago when i became nyan cat, but in the square of top left corner appeared 'SHORT FLAME' . When i pressed space i put a little bomb with nyan cat's colors.
    dyne03anrnwu.jpg
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • in the teams portal when you pick up a blue fire power in a base you get booted out
  • @MaximusDj Check the time left in the round to see why you appeared as nyan (without nyan disease) and still had short flame disease. : p
    Thanked by 2 Excuse_Me Gally
  • MaximusDj wrote: »
    I've noticed that sometimes bots walks in a few blocks in zigzag, when two bots are together, they 'hit' themselves.
    The AI simply chooses the same path as the "best" for both bots, so they walk in the same direction. There is little randomization. Or maybe the bots feel lonely because no one loves them...
    kkfg* wrote: »
    in the teams portal when you pick up a blue fire power in a base you get booted out
    Will fix it!
    @MaximusDj Check the time left in the round to see why you appeared as nyan (without nyan disease) and still had short flame disease. : p
    A nice observation! It saved me quite some time on searching for a bug :)
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally
  • Maybe add one more second to the block regeneration algorithm so people get trapped less? It's kinda harsh now with how short it is till the blocks become solid.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Not sure why, but today Dev server is crashing and resetting after every round. Which means when it resets, personal rooms will not appear.
    Thanked by 2 Gally Excuse_Me
  • edited April 2017
    Not sure why, but today Dev server is crashing and resetting after every round. Which means when it resets, personal rooms will not appear.
    Thanks, fixed!
    Thanked by 2 pwnyy Gally