Annoying Music fix for GOB

edited March 2017 in Technical
After dissasembling parts of the code and writing my own js to disable the buggy, annoying way to loud music player I have an easier way for you non engineers. Go to the chrome extension store and search for Noscript. Install it and then add https://gameofbombs.com/jplayer/jquery.jplayer.js to the denied list, works like a champ.
Thanked by 1 fakeguest

Comments

• edited March 2017
    The best part is when you hit P to shrink the play field your speakers don't blast ghetto 8 bit homemade music. Plus you don't have to worry about the audio player unmuting itself for no reason other than the fact it was built like a piece of poo software.
  • @newbie87120 You are aware of the fact that music has a 'play/pause' button and a volume adjustement which can be set to muted?

At least the play/pause setting is persited across sessions (not cookie-based) so fiddling around with js to disable it that way was a slight overkill i believe
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • It is blatantly obvious you have no idea how bad the jsplayer was implemented by the devs and you don't understand how the internet works or you wouldn't comment and be absolutely wrong. The play/pause doesn't work correctly at all. Even if it did the fact the audio is set to seath blast level upon loading is absolutrly ridiculous. It is obvious the sevs half a$$ed the installation and didn't think things through because two controls should not have the same activation key!
  • I remember a day a few years ago when music was added and I was surprised by 8-bit sounds blasting through my speakers - yes. Once. Then I turned it off and never had an issue again. Never. And I do play in different browsers on different operating systems.

This must be due to your browser settings with noscript and whatnotelse you have changed - I have the full galore of browsers installed and my main browser is configured in a way I can't even get this running properly (cookie exception, all scripts allowed etc) so I use mostly chromium or opera with very few addons or exotic settings. As said no issues.
    I haven't really bothered to check which config entry is causing the issue(s) in my main browser bc i don't really care tbh. I would not change it back anyways.

Assigning the same key to multiple actions/listeners is obviously a bad idea (I haven't had an issue with that either though, I guess I just don't use that key)

While I have indeed not looked at the jsplayer implementation I do disagree with your judgement on my understanding of the internet.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Joschi wrote: »
    Assigning the same key to multiple actions/listeners is obviously a bad idea (I haven't had an issue with that either though, I guess I just don't use that key)

You can manually change the keys anyways in Settings.
  • @newbie87120 why are you being mean to @Joschi while he/she was just trying to point out something in a really nice way?
    I don't get why people are getting so mean and so fast online for no reason, online is no more different than real life when it's coming to respecting others... just saying...
    Thanked by 2 Gally Hagelslag
  • edited April 2017
    I'm not being mean I speak strongly especially when people comment and they have no idea what they are commenting about. The devs inplemented the sounds half a$$ed and you can't say they didn't because the UI would not have 1 key instance operate two processes. That is just lazy and sloppy. They did not implement volume control correctly and it is too loud upon start. The issues with Jsplayer are widely known among developers. That is why it is not used that much. It is not a browser issue it is a back end issue dur to implementation. So why if you are a player and ised to hitting P to shrink the screen should you have to go change the learned behavior you are used to instead of the sound player being implemented correctly and having a seperate key that is not P. It does not take more than a few seconds to change the key listener for music on the server side. Or add a control to disable it completely for people who do not wish to blow their speakers at half volume because the 8bit music was encoded at to high of an amplitude.
  • edited April 2017
    well how about you appreciate that this game was basically made by 5 people
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited April 2017
    Boy that isn't helpful thanks for contributing nothing. If I wasn't thankful i wouldn't offer suggestions or help with ideas that get implemented. When you know what you are actually talking about I will acknowledge your existence again.
  • In case your highness is running a unix-based system may I suggest executing:

sudo -- sh -c "echo 127.0.0.1 gameofbombs.com >> /etc/hosts"

This is surely going to fix any music coming from this game once and for all. Additional bonus is that you will neither have to deal with the incompetence of everyone else here nor with bad javascript implementations again.
  • It seens you are lacking anything useful or intelligent to say since you started blabbering about java code you obviously don't understand. So please run this command and post about it to someone who cares what you have to say. I don't. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda. Please stop being rude it shows how immature you are as a person.
  • It seens you are lacking anything useful or intelligent to say since you started blabbering about java code you obviously don't understand. So please run this command and post about it to someone who cares what you have to say. I don't. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda. Please stop being rude it shows how immature you are as a person.

Newbie, if anyone is being rude, its definitely you.
  • Totally not I am just wondering why people are posting in here who have no idea what is going on. It takes away from the purpose of the thread. I speak to people how they speak to me, I'm just stronger.
  • I didn't even mention that relying on a client host file is bad security practices and should not be done as the host file can be overridden. So in fact he is giving out incorrect information again.