Bye.

I know you people have a thing of not dealing with trolls and people harassing players but this is just getting ridiculous now.

http://imgur.com/a/AkgPI

I could make an album entirely of stuff like this. Hell I actually did one time.
But I can't make any of you, y'know, actually do the job of taking care of these situations as this is a free game.
You have no obligation.

But these kinds of things eventually do come to affect projects like this one.

And by then someone might have actually not just talked about it.

But that won't be something I even hear of when it does, as this will be my last day using your game.

Comments

• As you know admin/mod cannot be online 24/7 @BaronCorvus
    If you are deciding to leave, we are sorry to hear that because the more players the more fun
    But believe me that all admin/mod are doing their best to keep the game fair, clean and a happy place for everyone
    Take care
  • If you are not happy with the level of moderation then please use the "ignore" command. You have the power. Click on the player's name in chat then click "ignore".
  • 4 months later
  • Hopefully bad people will get their karma.
  • 1 month later
  • Hopefully Baron will be the last one to quit GOB over the mods, but doubtful. The "mods cannot be online 24/7" excuse is simply an excuse. When I say something mutable and mods are offline, I come to find myself muted whenever they see it. There are certain players the mods target for rule enforcement, namely the people who diss mods and their groupies. The people who kiss mods' asses never get muted for harassment, because the rules are selectively enforced. Also if you curse or harass in espanol it seems the mods don't know or care because I have only seen the rules enforced on Spanish speakers a handful of times, despite spanish language curse words and insults in the chat box regularly. I understand the low level of approval for mods is not a sign everybody agrees with me (some complain the mods are not enforcing the rules, others complain the mods are overzealous or arbitrary in their enforcement). But I have never seen a game where people complain so much about mods, and I think that the mods should take a look at why people complain about them. Instead the mods censor or stifle any discussion of the issue. The result is low player retention. People quit over mods, because mods are not applying the rules in a proper fashion. I do not foresee that changing, since the mods use the rules to shelter themselves and their friends from any criticism, which is too readily labeled "harassment" even when explained in a calm, reasonable and non-offensive manner.
    Thanked by 1 Raccattack
  • There should be a lot more threads in Dump and on the forum generally, but instead people resort to private messages to discuss mods, perks, etc.

The mods are having a chilling effect on the exercise of free speech, evidently. That is not only unjust, it also makes the forum dull because only mods and mod apologists are willing to post here regularly.

You want to boost users? Limit overregulation, which is driving users away.
    Thanked by 1 Raccattack
  • Gally wrote: »
    If you are not happy with the level of moderation then please use the "ignore" command. You have the power. Click on the player's name in chat then click "ignore".

That's probably the best way to do it, especially if you aren't seeing any mods online.
  • Can you ignore the mods? no, you really can't. Hence there should be an open opportunity for GOB users to debate mods and their policies.
    Thanked by 1 qtpie
  • Moderators are trusted players who volunteered their time to help keep chat clean . Those " policies " you're speaking of; almost every single game has.

Players have oppurtunities to debate a decision by a moderator. If you think you're unfairly muted, we have emails , we have inbox, we even have it explained to contact us if you think it was unjust.
  • I'd like to point out that what @BaronCorvus shows in that screenshot is real offense/harassment directed at him. It is not funny, and should be unacceptable.

It should not be treated as less than or equally important to things that are trivial/funny and don't even matter.
    Thanked by 2 BabyThanos CrashMaxxXx
  • Moderators are trusted players who volunteered their time to help keep chat clean . Those " policies " you're speaking of; almost every single game has.

Players have oppurtunities to debate a decision by a moderator. If you think you're unfairly muted, we have emails , we have inbox, we even have it explained to contact us if you think it was unjust.

Very few, if any, games have this many complaints about mods.
    Yet again I saw one of the mods favorites today tell a player to "KYS" meaning "kill yourself" but surely it will not warrant a mute. Only dissing mods or perkers gets you muted on GOB.
    Probably why people keep quitting, or saying "the game is dying" I don't want to believe that, but it seems a certain outcome unless the mods change their ways.

https://imgur.com/a/WNJjF
  • Player has been muted. Keep in mind moderators can not always be online, so we can't always keep track of everything. Stop attacking moderators, and instead be constructive and work with them.
  • Just a reminder to all you jerks who tell people to "go kill yourself" : your ass will not do well in prison.

Woman who encouraged boyfriend to kill himself via text is sentenced to 15 months in jail
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-teen-texting-suicide-20170803-story.html
  • edited October 2017

• _Salty_ wrote: »

You try work with mod and then either ignore you or next they take away the email and forum system, all while disputing they were ever wrong or to harsh so no, "talk to mod" is laughable
  • 2 months later
  • It's no use talking about adm or mod, a person keeps chasing me, I've been mute in the forum, There's no justice here ...
    I'm leaving this game too.
  • Bobbyz wrote: »
    It's no use talking about adm or mod, a person keeps chasing me, I've been mute in the forum, There's no justice here ...

This is a killing game, as such it was decided a long time ago, that

"hunting" [which is chasing a player on a single server] is allowed.
    "stalking" [which is chasing the same player across multiple servers] is not allowed.

If you have evidence of stalking then please send it to my inbox or tell KCG_Ryuzero [as he speaks spanish].

Thank you and merry christmas one and all...
  • Gally wrote: »
    Bobbyz wrote: »
    It's no use talking about adm or mod, a person keeps chasing me, I've been mute in the forum, There's no justice here ...

This is a killing game, as such it was decided a long time ago, that

"hunting" [which is chasing a player on a single server] is allowed.
    "stalking" [which is chasing the same player across multiple servers] is not allowed.

If you have evidence of stalking then please send it to my inbox or tell KCG_Ryuzero [as he speaks spanish].

Thank you and merry christmas one and all...

So I want to turn a moderator on the server br, startup order on the server, this is a mess.
    Mods does not read conversations all the time on the server
    Merry Christmas, I want to give a gift.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited December 2017

I guess stalking and hunting are different. Well merry christmas!
    I hunt a lot though.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • iOma23 wrote: »
    I guess stalking and hunting are different. Well merry christmas!
    I hunt a lot though.

yes stalking is baiscally when you hunt the same player across different servers [like on EU then on US]. Hunting on a single server is allowed, as it is primarily a killing game. However we recognise that players may get sick of being chased, so they can change servers and get a break.
  • Is very difficult to play this game, a lag in the servers, a person wanting me to take mute and banish, not give play so, I give up playing.
    The Admistrator to act as a child, I complaining about a person who takes mute or banish is me.

• Bobbyz wrote: »
    Is very difficult to play this game, a lag in the servers, a person wanting me to take mute and banish, not give play so, I give up playing.
    The Admistrator to act as a child, I complaining about a person who takes mute or banish is me.

I lag a lot too. Even though I am in the nearest region though . I think new servers is the best way to deal lag.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • that makes me furious. people cant be kind and get along with others. its sad heck its pathetic really. all i hear on this game is trolls pushing away and angering others. im getting sick of all the negetivity that goes on here.
    Thanked by 2 Gally DanceWithMe
  • 2 months later
  • edited March 2018
    Good post
  • Zenna wrote: »
    Good post

well its true and im sure you guys agree with me
    Thanked by 2 ClosedAccount Slayie
  • 1 month later
  • CatKirby wrote: »
    that makes me furious. people cant be kind and get along with others. its sad heck its pathetic really. all i hear on this game is trolls pushing away and angering others. im getting sick of all the negetivity that goes on here.

So true ; furthermore moderators approve trolls and mute the victims who complain.
  • edited May 2018
    So true ; furthermore moderators approve trolls and mute the victims who complain.

I hate to say it but your right
  • You're totally right...
  • edited May 2018
    I was / am trolled by an evil mod too smilie.php?smile_ID=9015 #metoo smilie.php?smile_ID=9064 Ivan should sack him/it But he went off to Planet X29, where he supposedly lives as an amoeba smilie.php?smile_ID=3684