Feedback on limited resources.

Everything in the game is a resource - Bombs, power-ups, speed (especially!). Some are more easier to get than the others (bombs for example), while some are extremely difficult - such as speed.
The fact that some ESSENTIAL power-ups like speed are scarce in the game makes the gaming experience quite non-linear (even with perks). But, to make the situation more complex, BOTS steal power-ups from human users and make it impossible to have a fair match.

Now, I don't want to cry "ban bots". Instead, here's something constructive - Each time a bot gets a power up, the power up shouldn't disappear for other human users. This will solve a lot of pain where bots keep stealing human's power-ups such as speed. A gameplay would look like this - You spot a speed power-up, there is a bot competing for it as well, but when the bot picks it first, it gets powered up with +1 speed but it's still available for me to take it.

I'm a long time user of this game btw and really hope these nitpicks can be ironed out :smile:

Comments

• I think the bots are there to simulate other players' presence, so that there's always at least 10 people (and/or bots) on the map competing for items and stuff. Otherwise, empty servers would be boring and way too easy to score goals. : p I'm not a developer though, so I'm just saying my opinion. The kick powerup is your best friend when fighting bots.

Speaking of that powerup, I think in general one of the most limited 'resources' now is the kick powerup. A lot of times, I pick up 3 or 4 bats before I get a kick powerup. And if you survive longer than 30 seconds, and then die, you never respawn with it anymore. (unless you're lucky enough to spawn on top of one lol) The kick powerup is almost like the heart powerup used to be in the old days. : )
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I agree with @pwnyy - Bots taking powerups is fine but the kick powerup should be more abundant because the ability to kick bombs significantly improves the gameplay experience (allows much more different strategies). If you go e.g. 5 minutes in the beginning of the game without finding one it is very restricting. Personally I avoid engaging in fights with people of equal or higher skill that might have the kick ability when I don't - hence the feeling of being 'restricted'.

Also R.I.P. heart powerup...
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I also agree with the kick power-up. The part where I disagree is "I think the bots are there to simulate other players' presence" Because most real players don't suicide. It's very sad that bots are programmed this way..
  • It is sad bots are programmed to get a kill and certain bots have larger kill radiuses I've seen. One bot likes to have all powerups abd wait for you to spawn then make a beeline for you at full speed until they suiicde.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I think what should happen is there should be a maximum number of bots per area. There is no reason to have 10 bots in the same area at night because there is no way you are going to grt powerups or goals.
  • Because most real players don't suicide.
    From what I've seen, almost everyone will kamikaze if given the chance. lol

Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited March 2017
    Boz wrote: »
    One bot likes to have all powerups and wait for you to spawn then make a beeline for you at full speed until they suicide.

don't suppose you noticed which bot number this is?