Arenas

Comments

• ham_ wrote: »
    I have a question. How much score do you get if you win an arena battle?

actually, better question! What's the score equation for mixed servers? :)
  • Yo :)
    If we think there is no need for shield or any type of protection for the players waiting for the match in arena. cuz if you are willing to fight in arena then you can easily kill 1 or 2 or maybe more players who disturb you while waiting.
    Well, if you don't want to get killed then I have an idea which maybe be helpful.
    IDEA: When a player stands on the tile for arena there will be certain time limit after which he will be teleported to the arena (like which happens while using Diamond mimic) The match will be started after there is enough players. If a player wants to quit the arena then just press k (like in Diamond mimic). Well, you can specify the names of players who are already in arena somewhere.
    Thanked by 2 Gally Stranger_Butts
  • Be nice if Bots could activate arena too :)
  • Gally wrote: »
    Be nice if Bots could activate arena too :)

That would be hilarious!
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I tried it again, with a few friendly players. Waiting in the arena to start is like waiting as/for a sitting duck. It should be bomb free. I even had an evil mod try to kill me, but even worse you don't get time to enter the arena g0560.gif
  • If teleports were giving a protection, many players who have no intention to enter the arena would be using them as a sanctuary. It would complicate entrance for the players who actually want to play on the arena. Many players disliked that it's easy to escape from pursuit into a portal; more safe zones would upset them.
    Thanked by 2 Stranger_Butts Gally
  • edited May 2017
    Yes, I see the downside of my suggestion too @EM; ppl would abuse it. Oh well, let's bomb enemies in the arena then ! :P 023.gif
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • How many points I'll get after win on an arena?
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • edited May 2017
    Mr_Korsar wrote: »
    How many points I'll get after win on an arena?
    Right now, it's 30 points on team arenas and 30 points per enemy defeated on non-team arenas. These numbers are not very balanced, they'll be changed in the coming update. Plus the usual points for killing, scoring a goal, picking gold, etc.

Note: taking a cup or destroying all castles gives victory (and the points as described above), but no additional gold/score/etc. The winners get more score when they kill the enemies themselves (victory points plus points for killing). It encourages more aggressive game and trying to kill opponents directly, rather than just bombing special blocks.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • thx!
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • and 0 points for draw.
  • My preference for arena maps: Few (or possibly no) turrets, lots of item boxes (possibly no chests because you start with a shield anyway), and plenty of normal bricks to collect items. I like battles with no turrets and plenty of items available. : )
    Thanked by 2 Gally Excuse_Me
  • No 1 vs 1 without destroy castles or "teamplay objectives"?
    :/
  • edited June 2017
    No 1 vs 1 without destroy castles or "teamplay objectives"?
    :/

you can go onto DEV server and make your own PVP map

read [you may have to scroll up]
    https://forum.gameofbombs.com/discussion/172/personal-rooms#latest
  • No 1 vs 1 without destroy castles or "teamplay objectives"?
    There are many 1 vs 1 with a cup and/or football and a few 1 vs 1 without any additional objectives (pure deathmatch).

Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Can you make an arena area where 4 or 6 people are on same team and fight a boss? I'd love to team with players for the better good.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • I think that perks shouldn't be allowed in arena since it takes away from the whole battle and doesn't make it fair
  • Hey so I was wondering if you could add like a queue to get into arena. If you are waiting for a match to end or are waiting for someone to get to you. Basically makes you unable to be killed or lay bombs while standing on the platform. Players are taking advantage of the spot sometimes going for easy kills. So people don't abuse the invincibility make it so you wait 5 seconds to start the queue, and if no one comes leaving the spot you are invincible for 5 seconds but can't lay bombs.
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Admins not looking through the forums anymore?
  • edited August 2017
    Arenas where all players cooperate and fight against monsters or time is a good idea, and maybe it'll be implemented in the future.

There are some pros of adding invincibility near the arena entrance. But it'll make teleports crowded with players who don't want to enter the arena, only to be safe. Players who wait for the arena, don't have to stand still and wait to be killed ;) They can run around, fight back and only go to the teleports when enough players have gathered. Now it's sometime like a mini-game "try to enter the arena without being killed", and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

There are new arena maps waiting, I'll check and add them soon.
    Thanked by 2 Gally HASHARAHHA14
  • Serega wrote: »
    _Salty_ wrote: »
    Suggestion: while waiting for match to start (thus: while one is sitting still), it should not be possible to get killed by bombs from others.
    Players who are waiting for game start, must defend themselves. I think, several players, especially with bonuses, can kill one or two other players who disturb them =) In my opinion, area where players are waiting for arena game must not give them shield or something like that.
    P.S. Yes, I like to kill everyone and everywhere)))

I have to agree with you (even though I very much despise the people that spam bombs on you while you are waiting).
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • @Excuse_Me I am not sure but is there a way to make the arena selections for the maps less random, or maybe the arena area changes a few times during a game. Sometimes there will be only 2 or 3 players who can actually enter the arena in a game, but the arena requires 4 or more to get in. Is there a way when the area updates the blocks that it rotates between arena types. Most games it is impossible to start a match, and I have never done a 3v3 team.

And to say something about surviving while waiting, how about if you want to queue for a match you select a lighted area and press some key to be put into the queue to play. It lights up the space permanently until the match starts, then people know someone is waiting for a match and can attempt to queue as well. After you queue you play the game regularly until you are teleported into the match. This will allow people to run around and fight without crowding the arena spot, and allows people to actually go into arena more often.
  • I've done 3 v 3 maybe there is some reason people don't want to with some people...
  • @OttoWarmbier you are trolling now with the 3v3 message and you dont seem to understand the second part. The space that lights up for the queue only lights up in the main map. You then are set to queue for the arena. You however continue playing like nothing has really changed for the main map. When all the queues fill up everyone who was able to queue teleports to the arena. Until then I play like normal, I can kill and people can kill me. I could sit in a house next to the arena, but some players may just wait there till people want go into the arena just be annoying. Two players cannot stand on a single queue platform, and I have seen instances where players just stand on the spots just to make sure that players can't enter.
  • if you're waiting for a power up or pluto or perk or arena its all the same. There should be no special kill-free status for anybody aiming for one of those.
  • MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ I said you play as normal it just queues you to go to arena when enough people want in.
  • edited August 2017
    "And to say something about surviving while waiting," thats your words.
  • There reasons for not allowing low-rank players entering arenas:
    1. Real new players lack skill and won't make an interesting match anyway. They would die too quickly from turrets and suicides or make a match too long. It also gives new players an incentive to raise rank to unlock new game features.
    2. Fake new players must not enter. This is a protection from both trolling on arenas and from gaining fake score (it's easy to find a few high-rank players who always enter to deliberately lose, but it's impossible to track hundreds of low-rank accounts used for this purpose). This is also an additional incentive for all players to use real high-rank accounts.
    The rank restriction is useful and will remain.

Currently DEV server isn't working. After @Hakcerham updates the SSL certificate for DEV server, I'll convert some of 6-players maps to 4-players and add some new maps. A few 6-players maps will remain, but they'll be more rare.
    Thanked by 2 0x42 Gally
  • edited September 2017
    @Excuse_Me add either draws or total number of plays to arena rankings (As well as add draws to profile below Wins/losses!)
    Thanked by 1 Gally
  • Also can you add a time to the arena. Sometimes trolls like to sit in arena and clog it so no one else gets a turn. After I don't know 3 or 4 minutes Langoliers come and kill. Would force some players to attack more aggressively then. And if the last player is lucky they get a win.
    Thanked by 2 Gally syme